We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One last question on day trips

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
oklahoma city
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Topic
One last question on day trips

I think from your wonderful advise we will take a day trip to Cape Ann. Would it also be possible to do Concord/Lexington in that same trip?

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One last question on day trips

Those two destinations are really in different directions. Cape Ann is northeast, and the other destinations are northwest. You could certainly drive to Cape Ann, then drive to Lexington and Concord, then back to Boston in a single day. You would end up spending close to three hours of that day driving and wouldn't have a lot of time in each place. So it depends on how much you want to do in each place.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One last question on day trips

I just went to Concord/Lexington Minuteman Natl Park and it took 4 hours or more to do it right and we just concentrated on the Concord/Lincoln part. Plus lots of walking we were tired at the end of the day. As the previous poster said they are also not too close to each other and you'd spend lots of time driving.

While in Cape Ann you can visit several coastal towns if you like: Rockport, Gloucester etc. and not just concentrate on Rockport. This is what I'd do.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One last question on day trips

For Cape Ann, if you have time try to visit Beauport in Gloucester. An interesting seaside mansion owned by an eccentric.

See this link:

historicnewengland.org/visit/…beauport.htm

Also some other favorites in Rockport:

Halibut State Park (historic granite quarrying area) along the ocean, nature trails.

The Paper House (kind of fun for a quick visit!). House built entirely of newspapers. I think a one of a kind place to visit!

There's plenty to do in the Cape Ann area to occupy several days worth of time.

4. Re: One last question on day trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 17:19