We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just want to go swimming

boston, ma
Level Contributor
24 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
just want to go swimming

Hello,

I'm reeaallly pregnant and I'd like to swimming in a nice non-public pool somewhere. Can anyone recommend a healthclub where I could pay a dayrate or a hotel where I could book a room. I'll drive to the burbs...anything. I just want the pool to be nice, clean, and not to far from Mt. Auburn hospital.

Thanks!

Boston
Level Contributor
382 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: just want to go swimming

Non-public? Sounds like you're looking for something more upscale, but you could check out the Y (www.ymcaboston.org) and see which one would work. They all have adult-only swim times. The one in Somerville is kind of gross, but the Woburn one is very nice and just finished with renovations. They now have a special pool for wheelchair entry if you're feeling really enormous.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,848 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: just want to go swimming

Didn't somebody say you can buy a week-day pool pass at the Colonade? I think the Holiday Inn Express near MGH has a pool, could you check in there?

Boston...
Level Contributor
199 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: just want to go swimming

If the Colonnade still does day passes, it is a great option (and it's outside). I've been there several times but haven't been yet this year. It's a nice pool, nice view of Boston, you can get food, nice chairs and it is not that big so while there will be people, it is not overwhelming.

Don't know if Holiday Inn on Cambridge Street (Blossom street) allow day visitors but they have an outside pool.

There is an outside pool at Charles River Condo's as well, it belongs to the gym I think.

The Sonesta in Cambridge have an inside pool. It's a nice hotel.

Hope you find something!

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: just want to go swimming

The Cambridge YMCA is on Mass ave between Harvard and Central Square.

5. Re: just want to go swimming

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 04:17