We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip report

Long Island New York
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Topic
trip report

Although I never actually posted any questions, I did read this forum everyday leading up to my trip so I had plenty of good advice. Let me start by saying that we love Boston. Would love to come back when the weather is nice. Unfortunately it rained sun night, all day mon, and this morning as well, which is when we decided to come back home. We stayed at the constitution marina on the bed and breakfast afloat. Very different, but we liked staying on a boat. It was roomier than I thought and we had a little deck to sit out on. The only complaint about this place is that you have to pay for parking. The boat itself was very reasonable, $165 a night, but we paid $55 in parking fees which pissed me off. Great location, we walked everywhere. At the advice of Healy04 we tried LoConte's on Salem for italian food. The food was good, but the service was so bad that it didn't matter what the food tasted like. With so many restaurants in the North End you think they'd be a little bit nicer so you'd come back. We saw the waiter once when he took our order and then again to drop off the bill. Did have reserved tickets on the Duck Tour, but during the time we were to walk over there and get on, it was like a monsoon outside and we decided not to go. Hmmm more money down the drain. LOL We did the trolley tour on Monday and then lunch at Legal Seafood. Did some bar hopping around Quincy Market area last night and then stopped into The Point for some burgers because at this time we realized that kitchens close at 10 and it is now 9:55 and we didn't eat yet. Hit Sam Adams Brewerey (hubby's favorite beer) on the way home. All in all it was a good trip, I'm coming back when the sun is out.

Long Island New York
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: trip report

I just read that some hotels charge $35 a day for parking. I guess I can't really complain about my $55. Ooops! I didn't realize.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,265 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip report

Thanks for the report. We are all very tired of this weather .... sorry it wasn't better for your visit.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trip report

Nice report. Sorry about Lo Conte's.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: trip report

I have been to Lo Conte's and agree the food is good but the service lacks. When I go, I am even with someone who dines here all the time. They did not single you out, they give slow service to many.

The slow service does not bother me in The North End. Twenty years ago many of the restaurants were family owned. With this comes family problems which often would be worked out in the rest.

I used to go this one place and always smiled when I saw the father working. He had no problem yelling at the daughters.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trip report

This is the strangest weather we've had in many years usually July/August there are water bans every where and little rain. Sorry it didn't work out weatherwise.

6. Re: trip report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 07:38