We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner at last evening of our trip!!

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
southern Germany
Level Contributor
985 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner at last evening of our trip!!

We will visit New England in Oct. and tour in an RV.

The final days of our trip we will spend at the Hilton Financial District.

We want to make a "Farewell Dinner" on our last evening before returning to Europe, but we have

some restictions: I am a vegetarian, but husband eats

meat but no seafood, as we are camping most of our trip, we don´t bring fancy cloth, so need a more casual place. Hm... What would you say?

Thanks, Q.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,506 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner at last evening of our trip!!

Try Joe's American Bar and Grill on Atlantic Avenue at Christopher Columbus Park. It's casual and they have a large menu from which to choose. On top of that, it's reasonable and has million dollar harbor views.

AlanM

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,919 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner at last evening of our trip!!

Hi,

I would definitely suggest dinner in the North End. Most, if not all, of the restaurants there are not fancy and do not have dress codes at all. Tourists especially come in dressed all different ways.

One of our favorite places from the forum here on TA, is La Summa, on Fleet St. It's got a really nice atmosphere, yet it's certainly casual and will welcome you with jeans and T-shirts no problem. Also, they have a wide range of menu options. In fact, one of the best dishes on the menu, and one I'd recommend for you as a vegetarian, is the homemade Pappardelle with eggplant. I don't think there is any meat in that dish, it's just pasta, tomatoes and the eggplant.

Another nice place that I like, for Southern Italian food, is Massimino's, on Endicott St. It also has a wide range of items on the menu, and plenty of vegetarian options to choose from.

Both places take reservations, which is certainly convenient as well.

southern Germany
Level Contributor
985 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner at last evening of our trip!!

Hi and thanks to both of you.

I tend a little bit to Joe´s as it seems to be "american". We love Italian food, but have plenty of possibilties here in Germany,too.

Are there any vegatarian Restaurants in Boston?

Greetings,Q.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,506 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner at last evening of our trip!!

There are no more vegetarian restaurants Downtown that I know of. However, most restaurants do offer vegetarian choices on their menu. You'll also find many vegetarian options in our Chinatown.

AlanM

Boston
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinner at last evening of our trip!!

Grezzo in the North End is a raw food restaurant (which is by definition, vegan non-dairy). I haven't been, so I don't know how upscale it is but I'm sure you could do a google search on that.

6. Re: Dinner at last evening of our trip!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 14:20