We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for a kid friendly and good sushi restaurant

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Topic
looking for a kid friendly and good sushi restaurant

We're major sushi fans including our 3 year old who loves sushi balls as she calls them (ikura). We're visiting Boston next week and would love to take her out for some good sushi but we're also want really fresh stuff. We go to Tokyo a fair amount so we're pretty picky. Are there any really good and kid friendly sushi restaurants that you would recommend? Fugakyu in Brookline seems to be recommended on this site but I don't see anything about it being a good place for kids. Thanks for the tips!

L4R
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
333 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for a kid friendly and good sushi restaurant

I guess I have mixed feelings about going to Fugakyu with a young child. Although I wouldn't call it "child friendly", it does have private booths - perhaps you can call ahead and reserve one in advance. It's not nearly as cramped as most sushi restaurants seem to be. On the other hand, it's an expensive, upscale establishment and it seems unlikely that they'd be used to catering to children. Why not call in advance to see if they can accomodate you? If they appear hesitant, you obviously have your answer.

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for a kid friendly and good sushi restaurant

Most sushi restaurants around Boston are pretty accomodating. When I was taking a kid of that age, we used to sit at the sushi bar so he could see the prep -- and he used to get a lot of freebies from the chefs who tended to dote on him.

3. Re: looking for a kid friendly and good sushi restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 14:24