We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Black friday

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Black friday

Hi all

can you give your tips and tricks for shopping on Black friday. I am heading over for thanksgiving but want to do the Black friday shopping maybe at wrentham. What do you reckon???

Do you know what time Wrentham opens at and will all the stores open, also any malls that will have good offers, will be lookingto shop at gap kids, abercrobie kids & adults, walmart, target, all the usuals. ooh and if you know when the ads will be coming out.

thanks a mill

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Black friday

Many shopping mall stores will likely open at some crazy hour, like 6AM, or even earlier in some cases.

I can't even fathom how difficult it will be to negotiate the crowds and automobile traffic at a place like Wrentham Outlets on Black Friday.

Honestly, no bargain is good enough to endure that kind of madness, IMHO. It is a dehumanizing experience.

ireland
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Black friday

Maybe I will give Wrentham a miss so for good friday.:(

I might leave it till the Sat still should be good offers then, might stick to the local malls around southie.

ok thanks

c

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Black friday

Just because *I* find Black Friday's madness "dehumanizing" doesn't mean everyone does.

There are people who genuinely enjoy the "thrill" of the Black Friday hunt for bargains. It's probably best that you hear from a few of them, too, in order to get a broader perspective than mine.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Black friday

Signothetimes53... I'm WITH YOU 100%! I hate shopping anyway, any day of the year. The very idea of discount outlets on the day we are told (by who, I still can't figure out) is the "official" first day of the holiday shopping season raises my blood pressure.

Personally, I'd rather be having oral surgery (with no anesthetic).

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,026 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Black friday

Wrentham will open at 12:01am on Black Friday (essentially Thanksgiving night) and there will be tons of specials in the stores there (my bf's brother works there).

The ads will be out the Sunday prior, so November 23rd. All the malls will be open early and most feature some sort of "early bird special" for people willing to sacrifice sleep for a bargain.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,183 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Black friday

I HATE to shop and I'm a black Friday shopper. The stores open early 5am-6am and have lots of bargains. I don't wait in line for hours fo the stores to open. I don't fight for one of only 12 super-duper-electronic gaget that's on sale for 1/10th of suggested retail.

But I shop ... and I get bargains, and I do almost ALL of my gift-buying except for my own kids and alcohol on that day and I arrive home at about 11am and take a nap!

You want toys? Toys R Us will have unadvertised specials. Clothes and accessories? Can't beat Macy's and Kohl's. My worst experience ever was year-before-last at Circuit City ... I waited nearly TWO hours in line to pay and the only reason I waited was because I managed to find a discontinued video game my son had been hunting down for MONTHS ... it was an ok price, but if I had been able to get it elsewhere, I would not have waited.

Last year, Wrentham opened just after midnight as another poster said, and according the the 11pm news, the parking lot was full and traffic was backed up for miles. Totally NOT worth it in my book. Shop Wrentham on Wednesday if you can and hit the regular retailers on black friday!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,183 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Black friday

Here's a tip: buy the Boston Globe on Thanksgiving Day. There'll be lots of ads. Read them carefully and plan your trip.

ireland
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Black friday

excellant great advice there lads, havent booked my flight yet so think i will head over the tuesday insted and go to wrentham on wed insted friday and do the malls then.

do any of you know a good mall with the above mentioned brands??

thanks again

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,024 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Black friday

If you google "black friday sales" you will see that there are not several sites that track and post black friday deals in the weeks leading up to Black Friday.

here is one of them:

http://www.blackfriday.info/

In recent years Black Friday has not been quite the extravaganza that it was as recently as 2003, but you never know...

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
5,984 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Black friday

Hi, there are lots of shopping centers that have the stores you have listed. Two areas jump out at me:

Framingham/Natick which is located about 20 minutes west of Boston - all the shops are on Rt. 9 and Rt. 30. They are not all in the same place, but they are all within a 5 minute drive of each other. There is a very upscale mall in Natick: www.natickmall.com

There other area I am thinking of is the South Shore Plaza area in Braintree, about 20-30 minutes south of Boston depending on traffic. Just about every store you named is there as well. Where are you staying when you come over?