We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Check my itinery!

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
356 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Check my itinery!

Here is my itinery, does it seem ok?

It is a lot of walking, but i am young so should be able to cope with it all! :)

Thursday 23rd

- Arrive 1pm

- Go to hotel

- Walk around

- Boston Common (movable)

- Qunicy Market (movable)

- NHL at TD Banknorth

Friday 24th

- Concord / Walden Pond

- Freedom Trail

- Prudential Center Tower (movable)

- Fujiya Miyagi (The Paradise Rock Club)

Saturday 25th

- Salem

- Harvard

- Quincy Market (movable)

- Downtown (movable)

- Shopping

Sunday 26th

- NFL at Gillette Stadium

- Broken Social Scene (Wilbur Theatre)

Monday 27th

- Shopping

- Boston Common (movable)

- Fly home

I AM Books
Gift & Speciality Shops
Russian Dolls
Gift & Speciality Shops
Old Japan
Gift & Speciality Shops
Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,423 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Check my itinery!

Except on your first and last days, you've got excursions outside the city each day. Not sure that's what I would do. If you don't have a car (and I'm not recommending one), then I think Walden Pond is expendable. You've got time for "walk around", which is good, but make sure leave time to do at least some of the Freedom Trail and Beacon Hill. Also, don't see anything in the Back Bay. You can do your shopping there along Newbury and Boylston Streets and take in Copley Square while you're there.

AlanM

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
356 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Check my itinery!

Yeah the shopping will be in Back Bay. I am young so my visits to places are quite quick! and i am not massively into history and dont go to museums :)

On Saturday, Concord/Walden Pond will be the morning, and the Freedom Trail the afternoon. That should be easily doable.

Saturday is quite busy though, but it shouldn't really be too hard should it?

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,423 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Check my itinery!

Saturday is doable. Bear in mind that you have to allow at least half a day for the 1 hour each way trip to Salem. But that's easily combinable with a trip to Harvard Square and Harvard Yard, which you could also do in the evening.

AlanM

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,477 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Check my itinery!

How are you getting to and from the game at Gillette? What time is the Broken Social Scene show? What hotel are you staying at?

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
356 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Check my itinery!

Train.

The gig is at about 19:30, so it 'should' be ok...! If it's close i can always go straight from the station to the gig.

I am staying at the Bulfinch Hotel (near North Station).

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
25,048 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Check my itinery!

What exactly do you hope to see in Salem? It's last weekend before Halloween and if you go during the day the place will be crawling w/ pre-teens and families. Don't know that you'll get near many of hte 'sites'. It's fun if that's your thing, but your time might be better spent staying downtown, kwim?

Boston...
Level Contributor
11 posts
17 reviews
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
7. Re: Check my itinery!

The ferry to Salem from Long Wharf, across from Quincy Markets, is a great way to get to Salem on a weekend -- passing by the Boston harbor islands, Marblehead and other coastal areas it's a very nice cruise, and avoiding driving and trains/buses in the bargain. It lets you off in a convenient location within walking distance to the Salem attractions.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Killington
Level Contributor
2,093 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Check my itinery!

For such a short trip, Salem simply is not necessary or worth it. You could easily spend all of Saturday in the Harvard Square area.

Concord is worth checking out, if you're a history or 19th century American literature buff. Otherwise, again, you're not here very long, so you might reconsider that. But Salem is a no-brainer: drop it.

ireland
Level Contributor
89 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Check my itinery!

hi i am going to boston in 3 weeks and wanted to go to salem why do u not recommend it.

regards

NewEngland
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Check my itinery!

I don't see how you are going to do all that on Sat. Walden Pond, while not that far from the city, is still a little ways out and the freedom trail can easily fill a day by itself if you want to see all of it, plus going to Salem and Harvard. Harvard you can take the T, but for Salem you will need the T and the commuter line. Sounds like way too much to me.