We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Direct flight Manchester to Boston: mission impossible?

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
warrington, england
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Topic
Direct flight Manchester to Boston: mission impossible?

Hi all. I am trying to find a direct flight mid-March, can't find anything with no stop en route. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

With many thanks~~~ Polly.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Direct flight Manchester to Boston: mission impossible?

You probably need a travel agent. I meet people on the BA flights from heathrow. Some take connecting flights from Manchester.

There used to be American 109 from Manchester to Logan. I believe this stopped over a year back.

If you connect to Heathrow from Manchester, shoot for the BA 213. The Manchester flights are spotty and you could miss the connection. If this happens you have the 215 and 239 as back up.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,319 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Direct flight Manchester to Boston: mission impossible?

Polly,

When you say "direct", do you really mean "non-stop"? (They don't mean the same thing) If so, I don't think you will find any. Logan is the main airport in the area for International flights. You might have some luck with Bradley (Hartford, CT), but Logan always has more.

warrington, england
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Direct flight Manchester to Boston: mission impossible?

eileen & alan

Thanks for the feedback- yes, I meant non-stop flight!

I was thinking [as eileen said] the British Airways option is the best one, with the stop at Heathrow. All other airlines' stops are either Amsterdam, Philadelphia or Chicago, with hours & hours to wait inbetween. With only a few precious days, I don't want to use too much time travelling time. That said, we have considered everywhere for this trip, from Paris to Seattle and most places in between!

There are so many "I've always wanted to go there" destinations, but as I have the final say on this one, I so want to get it right!

Thanks for your help ~~~ Polly.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Direct flight Manchester to Boston: mission impossible?

Hi Polly:

It is always nice to hear back from people.

I think the BA flights run the best. I know there is a non stop from Amsterdam...Lufthansa maybe...but is is always delayed. Going thru Chicago is a roll of the dice. Lots of problems can happen there.

Logan to Downtown Boston is a short cab ride and not a bad transit ride. Good luck in your bookings and you should select Boston for your trip.

Boston
Level Contributor
817 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Direct flight Manchester to Boston: mission impossible?

Hi,

You might want to check flights on US Air, they have a one stop flight (Manchester to Philadelphia)for approx $450. The stop in Philadelphia is approx 2 hours and Philadelphia Airport is one of best for shopping and food.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Direct flight Manchester to Boston: mission impossible?

North West 37 flies non stop from Amsterdam to Boston and arrives at 5:00 p.m.

Check KLM for a better deal. KLM # 6037 is the same flight.

Boston
Level Contributor
817 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Direct flight Manchester to Boston: mission impossible?

Elieen,

Try pricing your flights...I don't think it makes sense.

RI, US
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Direct flight Manchester to Boston: mission impossible?

I am dealing with the same thing as my parents live outside Manchester and I always like a direct flight. If you are looking for March then Aer Lingus has one that goes through Dublin and it is a very short layover. I will be flying this sometime.

Unfortunately this one is also stopping in the summer so I hope that there will be a direct flight early 2010 again when I plan to return to the US.

9. Re: Direct flight Manchester to Boston: mission impossible?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 05:28