We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indian Food Help

So. Burlington, VT
Level Contributor
94 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Indian Food Help

My partner and I are vegetarian, so Indian food is always a good option for us. I am a little more picky, so we usually try to find a buffet so I don't have to commit to just one dish for my entire meal. I was hoping to find an Indian buffet after our Shear Madness matinee on Sunday, but it looks like most only have lunch buffets. Do you know of a dinner, always-on, buffet, or should I switch my itinerary to have Indian for lunch? I've heard Kashmir on Newbury is good, but do they have the regular lunch buffet on weekends, or just the brunch option?

Thanks in advance for any help! It relieves a lot of stress when I know where I'm heading next, whether for fun or for a meal.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Indian Food Help

I'm not the biggest fan of Kashmir, but I don't think it's a bad choice in that neighborhood if you are craving Indian food (though if you were up for walking a bit further afield, I really like India Quality in Kenmore Square).

I can't think of any places that offer a dinner buffet.

Tapas can be a good choice for vegetarians--Tapeo (Back Bay) has a decent amount of non-meat options on the menu. Toro in the South End is slightly less vegetarian-friendly, but you could still make a meal out of the non-meat options there.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,927 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Indian Food Help

Chinatown is only a 10 minute walk from your Theater. While there is no Indian Buffet that I remeber, you'll find lots of vegetarian choices there.

L4R
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
333 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Indian Food Help

I highly recommend Tapeo on Newbury St. Although it's somewhat pricey, Sunday is the perfect day to go, because they have $5:00 tapas from noon to 7:00 PM at the bar. They have a number of great vegetarian options.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Indian Food Help

That's good to know. Are they all $5 in that time, or is it a limited offering?

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Indian Food Help

Shabu-Zen is a good choice for a vegetarian ( vegans and non-vegetarians, too) . It is not Indian but it's fun and different. You cook your own food at the table in cooking broth. I have only been to the Allston location but I know their other location is on Tyler St in Chinatown, waking distance from The Charles Playhouse.

www.shabuzen.com

L4R
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
333 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Indian Food Help

Veronica, it's the whole menu except for 2 items (not sure what those are, probably cheese or seafood plates or something like that).

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Indian Food Help

My favorite is India Samraat on Mass Ave, not far from Kenmore Square, though I am not a vegetarian by any stretch.

I've also heard good reports about Bhindi Bazaar, also on Mass Ave, and that they offer vegetarian meals.

Unfortunately, I have never found an Indian buffet dinner.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
162 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Indian Food Help

For Indian, Tantric is a block away from Shear Madness on Stuart Street (www.tantricgrill.com). Mela is in the South End on Tremont Street about a 10 minute walk away.

Boston...
Level Contributor
88 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Indian Food Help

I don't know about a dinner buffet (that's a tough one), but Tantric has some decent Indian food and will be in the same vicinity as you. It is on Stuart St.....

10. Re: Indian Food Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 16:20