We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boston Steakhouse

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
69 posts
126 reviews
Save Topic
Boston Steakhouse

My husband & I are staying at the Omni on Valentines night. Thinking of Ruth Chris Steak House since it's nearby. Any other recommendations for a romantic meal? How far away is Abe & Louies from where we'll be staying?

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Boston Steakhouse

Your plan is a good one. Abe and Louie's is a 10 minute cab ride. School Street is a far more romantic area.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boston Steakhouse

If I were you? I'd rush to that phone to make reservations or try to get them online ASAP for Ruth Chris' Steakhouse and I'm not kidding you! It's SO romantic there it's not even funny! You are going to LOVE the atmosphere there for Valentine's Day, it's beautiful & the cuisine is awesome, a little expensive but OH so worth it in the end. Just think, it's right near that Omni Parker House, you can walk right across the street instead of hopping in a taxi or taking the subway

For Christmas this year we went to Smith & Wollensky's Steakhouse in the Castle on Arlington Street and Ruth Chris' Steakhouse? Let me tell you, the atmosphere alone at Ruth Chris' does circles around that S& W's! We can't wait to go back to that old City Hall classic building that it's in again, wait till you step in to that place, you are going to really enjoy that dinner!

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
69 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boston Steakhouse

You are right about reservations-Ruth Chris is booked up for Valentines night!! I've booked Parkers Restaurant at the Omni. Is this a good restaurant? Thanks!

Boston
Level Contributor
818 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Boston Steakhouse

Hi,

I second Ruth Chris...very short walk from Parker House... just approaching the building gives you a special feeling that it's going to be a great night.

But also, don't ignore the Parker House Pub for good food and drinks...very good! (not the same as R.C., but very good)

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
24,414 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boston Steakhouse

I haven't eaten at the Parker House in years ... so I can't comment on that. But I'd recommend Mama Maria's in the North End for a nice romantic place. It would require a short taxi ride or a 20+ minute walk through Fanieul Hall to the North End.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,206 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boston Steakhouse

If you want an excellent steakhouse, and price is no object, I'd recommend Mooo, which is at the XV Beacon hotel, about a block from the Omni (2 minute walk).

http://www.mooorestaurant.com/

Boston
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Boston Steakhouse

I don't really equate steakhouses with romance (or, oddly enough, Valentines Day in most restaurants) but Ruth Chris is in a lovely setting.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boston Steakhouse

Parker's looks romantic to me from what I can see of it online and from what I remember of it! My cousin used to be a bartender @ Parker's Pub for years, so I only know the bar stools in there, LOL!!! I know that since they renovated the Omni, it's better than it ever was, so go from there!

Another steakhouse that's probably booked up

a few doors down from the Omni is the Nine Zero Hotel at 90 Tremont Street. They now have this restaurant called "KO Prime Steakhouse" it's supposedly expensive but very good from what I'm hearing about it these days. I was there a few years ago when it was Spire's Restaurant, it was a beautiful atmosphere, very funky, yet chic. Their main window overlooks the Old Granary Burial Ground & Boston Common, at night it's really pretty there!

Chap, if Ruth Chris' Steakhouse is booked up solid for Valentine's Day? I'd stay right at that Omni too & have dinner at Parker's right downstairs, how convenient is that! You never know with our New England weather, there could be a snow storm or something & you'll be conveniently right at your hotel.

Have a wonderful time & Happy Valentines Day, it'll be here before we know it!

Boston
Level Contributor
26 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Boston Steakhouse

Mooo at XV Beacon is an excellent restaurant and atmosphere. The kobe beef dumplings are tasty and in my experience the service is top notch. Plus they have plenty of steak on the menu but they also offer good seafood choices. Its pricey but every steak house in Boston is expensive and I Moo offers a different modern classy ambiance.

L4R
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
333 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Boston Steakhouse

I've done Valentine's at Capital Grille on Newbury St. several times and loved it. It's posh and elegant but also very warm and intimate, a wonderful special occasion restaurant. Taking my boyfriend here for his b'day on Friday and can't wait!! The porcini crust Delmonico is one of the best meals I've ever had anywhere.