We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sports Ticket Scam

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
6,410 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Sports Ticket Scam

Ran into some girls who paid $175 for $28 Celtics tickets, used ticketsnow website for purchase. When they got to the game, these tickets would not scan, they were fakes. I felt so bad for them!!! Please be careful who you buy tickets from!

N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,811 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sports Ticket Scam

I just visited ticketsnow.com and it seemed like a legitimate sight. Did they say whether they bought from an individual that was selling on their own through this website? I can't imagine that you would have no protection on a site like that. Good to know.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sports Ticket Scam

They are owned by Ticketmaster so I would think they would have some type of guarantee like Stubhub.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sports Ticket Scam

It actually says on the Ticketsnow site:

"All tickets listed on TicketsNow are 100% Guaranteed or your money back"

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,410 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sports Ticket Scam

They said the Garden box office had to confiscate their originals but made them photocopies and gave them a disclaimer from ticketsnow with a number to call about a getting trying to get a refund. If the box office had this little piece of paper with a disclaimer and contact info on it, on hand to hand out, this must happen more often than not.

I personally do not like to have to take the time to fight for my money back, and would not use such a service where there is a chance I would have to take time to make phonecalls and fax stuff back and forth.

Ironically, if they had shown up that game at the box office looking for tix to buy, they would've been able to get the tickets they did end up with; single seats in a luxury box, for I think a $99 face value.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sports Ticket Scam

It is a chance you have to take sometimes. I have bought tickets from Stubhub a couple of times without problems. Personally I would like it to be illegal to resell tickets but it doesn't look like that will be happening anytime soon. So if people can't just show up hoping there will be tickets at the box office the day of then people have to resort to buying tickets on sites like Ticketsnow or Stubhub. While there is a chance you will get bogus tickets at least you have a chance to get your money back unlike if you bought them on the street.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sports Ticket Scam

Thanks for the reminder.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
194 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sports Ticket Scam

Aceticket.com, always used them, never once ever had a problem. Oh and they offer a 200% guarantee on their tickets. So you can make money if your tickets are false!

To the op:

Did ticketnow.com refund your money because of their guarantee? They should have.

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,410 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sports Ticket Scam

Tt wasn't me, I just posted a warning; they drove in 1.5 hours or more, got a hotel room overnight and then went through crap and had to shell out $200 to get into the game that had already started. They are going to have to call ticketsnow for a refund.

9. Re: Sports Ticket Scam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 18:17