We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant recommendation

Sussex
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant recommendation

Can anyone recomend a good place to eat that is within easy walking distance of the Lenox hotel? We are a party of 6 flying in from the UK next month, and just need a nice meal around 7:00 PM after our 6 hour flight.

Ray Collins

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,684 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant recommendation

You'll have lots of choices. There are many restaurants in the area. What's your criteria? What type of food, price, etc.?

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant recommendation

One place that you could go to is the "Parish Cafe" located at 361 Boylston Street, it's only 2 minutes away from the Lenox. You could either hop in taxi's or walk, it's well worth it:

www.parishcafe.com

As Alan has said, there's quite a few choices all near the Lenox, but if you want to relax & unwind, this Parish Cafe would be worth it to me.

Stephanie's on Newbury Street is really good too, but it's always SO jam packed & at 7 PM at night it definitely would be crowded, so that's your choice with that one, it's up to you.

The last one that might be a good one is the

Pizzeria Uno located between Exeter & Fairfield Street it has a good menu for 6 people, soups, salads, pizza & pasta dishes. It's located at 731 Boylston Street.

Right in your Hotel is Azure, save it for one night while you're here, it's supposed to be wonderful, it always gets good reviews! There's also a really great pub right in your hotel called Solas!

Have a wonderful time!

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant recommendation

Although Legal Seafoods has its detractors, it has many more adherents, including me, and it's a renowned Boston seafood company. There's one in Copley Place, less than a block form the Lenox.

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant recommendation

I just noticed that this inquiry got posted twice, and in the other thread somebody else suggested Legal Seafoods at the Prudential Center. Just to be clear, there are in fact two (more, actually, but two in this neighborhood), and the one at Copley Place is a good bit closer to your hotel.

L4R
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
333 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant recommendation

I second Parish Cafe, although it too gets slammed for dinner.

If you don't really have a budget, I'd recommend Tapeo on Newbury, an excellent, casual tapas place. It's not terribly expensive, but $10 per small plate can really add up and drinks are a bit pricey there. It gets pretty busy, but I'm pretty sure you can make reservations there. I also really like Croma on Newbury, which is pretty reasonably priced.

Actually, I would assume that most restaurants in that area will be pretty busy around that time, so do yourself a favor and try to make a reservation wherever you choose.

6. Re: Restaurant recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 19:18