We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Sports Bar for Final Four

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tolland, CT
Level Contributor
472 posts
Save Topic
Best Sports Bar for Final Four

We will be in Boston for the Mens Div 1 Basketball Final Four. What is the best sports bar, fun surrondings to watch this game. We are staying at the Sheraton. Thanks you all your advice. Any other advice for must do for a weekend trip would be greatful, how is the Samuel Adams Brewery Tour? Worth it? GO UCONN!

L4R
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
333 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Sports Bar for Final Four

There are really so many to choose from, it's hard to go wrong. I think my top two are both in Kenmore - Cask'n Flagon and Tequila Rain. The Cask is very well known and for good reason - it's big, has a zillion TV's of various sizes and always has a big crowd. Tequila Rain is a really cheesy club late on weekend nights, but it's an exceptional place to watch sports at all other times. It has lots of booths with personal TV's and a great room in the back with a huge TV. Game On, also in Kenmore, is also extremely popular and has a great TV set up on the lower level. And Kenmore is just two quick T stops from Copley. I think I'd go with the Cask out of all of those.

Another good one within walking distance to your hotel is McGreevey's on Boylston Street. Good set up and lots of very cool sports memorabilia. It's owned by one of the members of the Dropkick Murphys.

I really like the Sam Adams tour, it's energetic and informative, but short enough that it's not much of a time commitment. It's a little off the beaten path in Jamaica Plain, but coming from Back Bay, you can just hop on the Orange Line and get there fast.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Sports Bar for Final Four

It looks like UConn will be there. Calhoun's big mouth seems to be a big hit. His team got all the calls against Notre Dame.

Boston, Mass.
Level Contributor
913 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Sports Bar for Final Four

Another option is the TD Banknorth Garden area which is at North Station via both the Orange Line & Green Line of the MBTA, Fours on Canal St. is very popular (Sports Illustrated voted it America's #1 Sports bar a couple of years ago), Hurricane O'Riellys, The Greatest Bar and The Harp are other options all within a stone's throw of the Garden. It is kind of like fishing in a barrel, every corner will be another option.

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
4,690 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Sports Bar for Final Four

If you want a traditional sports bar, and the best, go to The Fours, 166 Canal Street, across the street from the Gaaaaaden.

Enjoy!!

Tolland, CT
Level Contributor
472 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Sports Bar for Final Four

JPD112456,

After some research I am thankful that you said "The Fours" because thats what I thought but wanted advice. How far is that from the Sheraton? Also it is $42 plus dollars to park at the hotel. We will be there from Saturday morning 10AM until late Sunday afternoon, do you know any parking lots or garages we could was instead? I would rather spend our money at a restaurant or shop than just for parking. Any other advise , since your an expert would be greatly appreciated. We have been to the museums and aquariam on previous trips , this is a fun getaway for my husband and I's birthdays. Thanks for your help.

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
4,690 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Sports Bar for Final Four

If it is the Sheraton I'm thinking of in the Back Bay cab is best, or at least the quickest. I'm sure there is public parking nearby so circle around a bit before you stop at the Sheraton to see if there is parking that is close. You could also park just outside the city and take the T in, but I would rather keep my car close by if you know what I mean. Not that I think Boston has a crime problem or anything but in this day in age safe is always better than sorry.

One tip, get to The Fours early if you want to sit at the baaaa.

Have fun!!

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Sports Bar for Final Four

You'll luck out if you can get your car to the "Boston Common Garage" Saturday during the day. They have a deal if you park there any time after 6 AM on Saturday and exit by 8 AM on Sunday it's only $11 to park. If you wanted to sleep late on Sunday and check out at 11 when you usually have to leave hotels any way you pay $22 till Monday it holds that you pay this, so that might be a thought for you.

Click on Boston Common Garage & see their rates:

www.mccahome.com

Another parking garage that is worth it on weekends, is the Post Office Square garage, it has great rates on weekends. It's within walking distance in the financial district not too far from the Fleet Center/Boston Garden,just up a ways from the Quincy Market, yet not far at all, it's underneath the only park in the financial district. This ones extremely clean, very safe & underground like the Boston Common Garage, I think I like this one better to tell you the truth! Either one will be a little walk to the Sheraton, but I would think if you left your car at either one you could always walk if it's nice, take the T or hop in a taxi to get to either one of them.

www.posquare.com

Here's some Taxi #'s for your cell while you're in town:

Boston Licensed Taxi Companies

Boston Cab, (617) 536-5010

City Cab, (617) 536-5100

ITOA, (617) 825-4000

Metro Cab, (617) 782-5500

Town Taxi, (617) 536-5000

Have a great time!

Boston, Ma
Level Contributor
140 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Sports Bar for Final Four

Just had to add this cause I'm from Boston & I think the best brewery tour is the Harpoon Brewery tour, over in South Boston.

It's close to you, right in the Seaport area of the city.

You can access it easily , either by Silver Line bus or T or walk across the bridge.

And it's really a real brewery---they make it, package it, and ship it out from there.

The tastings are fun.

The people are young and really into it & it's a completely local product.

Though Sam Adams and those guys are great,

it's not their main brewery,( they contract brew around the USA), but a tour room facility.

Totally different.

Harpoon has a website and a phone number.

They give free tours and tastings Saturdays and Sundays & if you call, they often let people join them during the weekdays too.

cheers,

Kate/Boston

9. Re: Best Sports Bar for Final Four

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 17:18