We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which hotel

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
148 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
which hotel

We are planning to visit Boston with our two teenage daughters from Aug 1 - 3. We are not sure whether we should book in copley square or little away. This is our first visit. I have looked into the following hotels: Westin Copley Square, Marriott Copley Square and Park Plaza Boston Hotel & Tower or you have any other suggestion. Also, I note that the parking is very expensive. Are there close by parking cheaper than the hotel Parking? Should we book the hotel from now or wait till later. Thanks

Bristol, New...
Level Contributor
600 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which hotel

If you don't have to have an exact hotel but want a specific area and star level then try Hotwire or bidding on Priceline- I have booked some great deals on both sites and it has saved me a ton of money!! I don't think there is any cheap parking in Boston but maybe the locals can help on that one- Tina

PlanetX
Level Contributor
1,457 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which hotel

Are you renting a car? You really don't need a car in Boston. If you want it for side-trips, try renting it only for the day(s) of those trips... If you're visiting parts of the city, having a car is a hassle and an expense.

Richmond, California
Destination Expert
for Big Sur
Level Contributor
3,169 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which hotel

There is no such thing as cheap parking in Boston. It's a matter of supply and demand; there's very little open land, but lots of people who want to park.

I agree with an earlier poster that you don't need a car in the Back Bay, which is where all of your hotel choices are located. All of those hotels are fine middle-market choices by the way, with excellent locations very close to shops and attractions. You only need a car if you plan to go out of town during your trip.

Book your hotel now by all means. August is high summer tourist season and you will have a very hard time finding rooms if you wait.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
148 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which hotel

Thanks. We are driving from Ottawa, Canada and therefore was looking for a reasonable garage to park on the weekend. Will book the hotel today. Thanks again.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
30 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which hotel

Go with the Westin.

6. Re: which hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 07:25