We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel recommendations?

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
near Saratoga, NY
Level Contributor
341 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
hotel recommendations?

I've looked through some of the hotel reviews, but thought I'd ask...we're thinking of a 1-2 night trip to Boston this summer with our 2 daughters (ages 9, 12). We'd like to stay somewhere that's reasonably priced, in a good location (safe & located near some of the touristy spots), and appropriate for a family. Any recommendations?

Thanks!!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,391 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel recommendations?

What do you consider 'reasonably priced'? Hotels in Boston are generally expensive but thanks to the recent economic woes, there have been some bargains to be had.

Any hotel near a touristy area will be fine w/ regards to safety. Boston proper is compact, walkable, and the T (subway) works well too ... so exact location isn't so important.

Some of the lower cost places often recommended here are Holiday Inn Beacon Hill, HOliday Inn Select on Friend Street, Harboside Inn and the Midtown Hotel, John Jeffries House

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel recommendations?

In addition to forgotmypassword's recommendations, I'll add the Millenium Bostonian Hotel for you to consider. It has a great location next to Fanueil Hall Merketplace and is reasonably priced, by Boston standards.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel recommendations?

The ones listed above are definitely good spots & highly recommended here quite a bit by a lot of us, they're great for families. This one I'm going to mention isn't the cheapest or anything like that, but it's ideal for families & recommended here a lot, it's the Marriott Long Wharf which is located on the waterfront. It's got an indoor pool, & next to the NE Aquarium and across the street from the Faneuil Hall Marketplace, it's also within walking distance to the North End for dinner & browsing their shops. If you arrive on a weekend in July thru August they have their feasts being held thru the streets:

www.northendboston.com

Also the Christopher Columbus Park is right there as well right outside the hotel door.

Jury's in the Back Bay is only a few blocks from Copley Square, it's beautifully decorated and always comes highly recommended here as well, not to mention that it's got a 4 diamond rating.

I always mention the Marriott Residence Inn in Charlestown for the summer months because it's right along the Freedom Trail, the water taxi is right outside their door, the Paul Revere Park is right there along with the USS Constitution a few yards away, the Warren Tavern, The Bunker Hill Monument, Todd English's Olives restaurant is within a block & the fairly new Max & Dylan's Kitchen & Bar is right there now too etc.... This Inn is right over the foot bridge from the North End & the Fleet Center/Garden is just beyond the park as well. So that could be a possibility as well for you. It's up to you in the end and hopefully you can get reservations at one of these many choices that we favor.

Also, all of these hotels/inns mentioned here and above by the previous poster are extremely safe & located near the places you'll want to be.

Have a wonderful time!

near Saratoga, NY
Level Contributor
341 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel recommendations?

Thanks for the recommendations. I'm hoping to start looking into them this week.

5. Re: hotel recommendations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 15:20