We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend Ladies Luncheon or Brunch 40-60 persons

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
435 posts
Save Topic
Weekend Ladies Luncheon or Brunch 40-60 persons

We are looking for a budget-friendly venue to host a brunch or luncheon for 40-60 ladies on a Saturday or Sunday

We prefer to be South of Boston (within 20 miles of Boston)

Does anyone know of a nice venue with good food and prices or maybe just function space that is priced reasonably and we can use a caterer for the menu

thank you

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Special Offer
Day Trip to Martha's Vineyard
592 Reviews
from US$94.50*
US$105.00
Boston Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour
1,056 Reviews
from US$41.95*
Boston in One Day Sightseeing Tour
709 Reviews
from US$79.00*
Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,583 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend Ladies Luncheon or Brunch 40-60 persons

What exactly is "budget friendly"? How long is this event? What time of year? What's your criteria besides price?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
25,665 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend Ladies Luncheon or Brunch 40-60 persons

Check this wedding planner site ... you can find places for 'receptions', that list how many they accomodate and a price range per person.

www.maweddingguide.com/sitelocator/index.htm

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,452 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekend Ladies Luncheon or Brunch 40-60 persons

As Alan states with more specifics we can respond in kind. Another website to check out, even if it is not a bridal function, is www.theknot.com.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
435 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weekend Ladies Luncheon or Brunch 40-60 persons

Hi There

The post is for a relative who now lives out of state but the bride and most of the guests are local. This will be a bridal shower and the hostess has had her hours cut back at twork and she is looking for something that is nice but priced well. Preferably a venue that is just a function room as she knows of a good caterer but will also field suggestions for restuarants or function rooms that offer their own menus.

I guess if you are looking for a budget I have no ideas what the costs are but I would say mid priced and lower.

Thanks

L4R
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
333 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weekend Ladies Luncheon or Brunch 40-60 persons

Others may have specific suggestions based on their own experiences, but I'd do a little legwork on my own if I were you. For instance, I just googled "Norwood functions" and came up with a bunch of places. You're from MA, so you should be remotely familiar with at least a few towns that fit your 20 mile radius criteria. I think the only way to get the price/space you want is to shop around!!

I would imagine restaurants and hotels would be dying for the business right now and you should negotiate with that in mind. Remember that no price is set in stone - there's almost always wiggle room in terms of fees.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,392 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weekend Ladies Luncheon or Brunch 40-60 persons

Hi,

You might want to consider either the Neighborhood Club of Quincy, or the Tavern and Quarry Hills, also in Quincy. Both are very nice, and the Tavern has beautiful views of downtown Boston.

http://www.neighborhood-club.com/

granitelinksgolfclub.com/club/…

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
435 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Weekend Ladies Luncheon or Brunch 40-60 persons

Thank you .....I am familiar with lots of locations here and have given her some local ideas and thought that maybe (being out of that loop) I might be overlooking something and know that this board is such a great resource I posted here

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
25,665 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weekend Ladies Luncheon or Brunch 40-60 persons

If all you want is a hall, I'd suggest looking at private clubs. They often rent out their space to non-members --- Elks Club, VFW, Yacht Club, AOH Clubs, Italain-American Club, etc, etc, etc.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weekend Ladies Luncheon or Brunch 40-60 persons

Just off the southeast expressway there's a place called Venezia's. It's located at 20 Ericsson Street in Dorchester. The view is beautiful from here of the Boston skyline & the harbor. If you go in to this site below & click on Events/Weddings you'll see the slideshow of various functions they had there. It's really a great place because their cuisine is awesome here as well along with the beautiful view from their windows that you'd have.

You could give them a call to see what they can do for you. They can host from 50 up to 100 in their restaurant comfortably at their tables or in their ballroom they can accommodate groups of 100 to 350.

Check out the site to see what you think:

www.venezia-onthewater.com

It's not far from downtown Boston at all OR Quincy for that matter.

Good luck!

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,452 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weekend Ladies Luncheon or Brunch 40-60 persons

Katiebee109 - also recommend you post this query on www.chowhound.com. You are sure to get additional ideas.