We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sheraton on Dalton St?

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Level Contributor
409 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Sheraton on Dalton St?

So my husband is going to a conference at the end of June, and they have booked the Sheraton Boston on Dalton St as the hotel.

I came to TA to see what people had to say about their stays there. To my alarm, not many folks seem to have enjoyed their stay, citing construction noise and poor cleaning practices, but the most alarming post is the May 3rd one concerning bed bugs.

Does anyone on this forum know whether there have been other reports of such, at this hotel?

Thanks for the input!

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sheraton on Dalton St?

This hotel haas been here forever and conferences would be their market. The location is very good. It connects to Prudential Place which connects to Copely Place. It is walkable to Fenway and close to Newbury.

Bed Bugs can happen any place and often does. One should pull the bed back on arrival and check for it.

He will be fine here.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sheraton on Dalton St?

I wouldn't get all stressed out about it. I never put much weight into someone whose only post on TA is to bash a hotel. Maybe they didn't enjoy there stay for whatever reason and decided to say the place had bedbugs. I would think if it was really a problem, you would see NUMEROUS reviews reporting such a problem. That said, the Sheraton is getting a little old and tired. The rooms are a bit dated but the location is really good. If you don't go there expecting a 4 or 5 star property, you'll be fine. It is what it is, a 3 star property. The construction is going on in the North Tower, so try and stay in the South Tower if at all possible. I also like how the Sheraton connects to the Prudential Center and Copley Place, especially if it's raining outside. Go enjoy yourself and the city. It won't be a Motel 6 experience.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,290 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sheraton on Dalton St?

I have friends staying there next week. I'll try to remember to get back to you.

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sheraton on Dalton St?

I've stayed at this hotel a lot over the years, including this year twice in January, once in February, and once more last month. I'm a Starwood Platinum member.

It's a really mixed bag.

Here's what I require of this particular Sheraton hotel when I stay there:

1. Never accept a room anywhere near the elevators in either tower. Insist on a room near the end of the hall, far from the elevators, which make huge noise that sounds like a helicopter hovering over the building.

2. Never accept a room that adjoins the room next door. The soundproofing on rooms that have a connecting door is very poor, and you don't want to hear the guy next door on the phone, or watching TV at 2 in the morning.

3. Be aware that the construction/renovation is pretty noisy, so avoid that tower.

As for bedbugs, I agree that it can happen in any hotel, even the most expensive. It's happened to me once, 5 years ago, at another well-known Boston hotel, but not the Sheraton.

The location of this Sheraton? Superb. And if you like casual seafood, go across Dalton Street and eat at the Summer Shack. Great fried clams, the best I ever had! Yum!

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,062 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sheraton on Dalton St?

Sheraton is old but he will be ok,plenty of places to eat in the food court in the Pru mall.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,290 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sheraton on Dalton St?

Was there last night. As an aside anyone visiting town this weekend (Memorial Day weekend) there's an Anime convention which makes for some interesting people watching. Folks dressed up and walking in the streets - when I say dressed up I am not talking tuxedos! It was Halloween but in May!

As for the hotel room, friends had no complaints regarding bugs, cleanliness, noise. Standard type of room, tiny tiny bathroom with a door that kept getting stuck. Absolutely breathtaking view of the city - they were on 29th floor facing the Charles River. If you can request that do so. Could even see Fenway!

7. Re: Sheraton on Dalton St?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2009, 05:31