We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

waterfront/convention area parking

Carteret, New Jersey
Level Contributor
149 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
waterfront/convention area parking

hi, coming to boston staying this saturday night (memorial weekend) at The Westin Boston Waterfront hotel (425 Summer Street)

i know the location isnt great, but the hotels in copley/faneuil hall areas was just too expensive.

last time in boston we parked at international place for under $25 for the weekendand i know boston common garage is also decently priced for the weekend.

however was wondering if there is a garage with these type of discounted weekend prices in the waterfront/convention area close to where the westin boston waterfront is located.

thanks!

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: waterfront/convention area parking

I'm really not sure if there is discounted parking lots on the weekends down there. From what I could find, the lots still charge $25+ per night on the weekends. Hardly a bargain. I guess you could always park in a garage like International Place if you have no luck. Or you could even park the car at Quincy Adams Garage on the Red Line for $8/night and take the subway in.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,923 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: waterfront/convention area parking

You already know about International Place, so that should take care of your needs. $9 a day weekend rates and you can walk to your hotel.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: waterfront/convention area parking

International Place is definitely a good deal, I've parked there several times myself. It's very handy & quite convenient & safe. Another good parking garage is the Post Office Square garage, it's got the same deal for $9 weekend/holiday rates, you can't beat it.

This ones located directly in front of the Langham Hotel underneath the Norman Leventhal park, the entrance is on Congress Street near the federal courthouse building located in post office square:

www.posquare.com

Really good set of directions on this particular site to get to this garage & also excellent directions when you leave are on it as well.

Carteret, New Jersey
Level Contributor
149 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: waterfront/convention area parking

hi..thanks for the replys! yeah i used international place before and it was great when we stayed at the intercontinental. but now that we are staying at the Westin Boston Waterfront hotel i was thinking it was too far. is it really within walking distance still??? thanks!

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: waterfront/convention area parking

Well you could park it at Fan Pier's Pilgrim Parking lot, but you'll pay more $$$ there. Here's info:

www.pilgrimparking.com

Just click on facilities then Fan Pier to see what I mean.

Carteret, New Jersey
Level Contributor
149 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: waterfront/convention area parking

hi...thanks. yeah looking for something for under 25 for the weekend. or actually 12 or so for the day. i will plan on international place unless we find something closer.

if it helps here are our plans...arrive in boston saturday around noon. go to the weston waterfront, drop off bags...go park the car somewhere??? and then go hang out in boston for the day and go back later to the hotel to check in.

we plan on checking out sunday morning and need to be able to access the car wherever it is parked to drop off our bags so we can hang out in boston for the day. or we could even move the car to somewhere like the boston common garage??? we then plan to hang out in the city for a few hours and then heading to fenway for a baseball game. after the game, get our car from wherever..and drive home!

thanks!

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: waterfront/convention area parking

The Fan Pier lot is an open one within walking distance to Boston's Weston Waterfront Hotel. International Place & the Post Office Square Garages are a little further as you know. Just about a 1/2 mile from the complex. It's a beautiful time of year to be there though, you're going to really enjoy staying at that Westin.

When it's time to check out, leave your bags with the concierge at the front desk & hopefully it's a nice sunny day, walk back to the garage in the financial district to pick up your car. Go back to the hotel for your bags & then take off for the Boston Common garage. Leave the car there & take the "T" to the Kenmore stop for Fenway.

Taking the T to Fenway will be better for you guys. Don't even try to park anywhere nearby it because the parking lots are a big ripoff and hundreds of fans make it tough to drive thru there any way. Also, save a few bucks by picking up some food from one of the sausage vendors outside the park or something, it's a rip off buying anything IN the park

It always was and it always will be in my opinion, they take people for a ride & they know it in there, but what's funny about it is, so don't the fans!

Carteret, New Jersey
Level Contributor
149 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: waterfront/convention area parking

hi...thanks everyone. we arrived at the westin waterfront saturday, checked in and dropped our bags, then drove the car less than 2 miles to the international place parking garage and just left it there all weekend. total was $18. we met friends in the city for the day, they dropped us off at our hotel that night and picked us up sunday morning after we checked out. kept our bags in there car. drove around fenway and was able to find free side street parking. they dropped us off at international place later that night to get our car. the westin waterfront was a very busy hotel with lots of convention attendees, but we didnt hear any noise and the room was great. we saw some free parking by the hotel on summer street on the bridge with lots of spots open, but we were not sure if overnight parking was allowed on weekends. thanks everyone!

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: waterfront/convention area parking

It sounds like you guys made out just fine. Glad you only paid $18 for the parking too. It's always been such a good deal @ International Place, you really can't beat it.

The Westin Waterfront Hotel is certainly a beautiful hotel in my opinion, I'm so glad there weren't any issues with staying there at all.

It also worked out all around for you guys that your friends came in town with their car too!

10. Re: waterfront/convention area parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2009, 05:34