We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which month is best? Please help!!!

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
northern ireland
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Which month is best? Please help!!!

I am planning to go to Boston for a week with my son who is 13.We want to do bus tour to Cape Cod for 1 day and bus tour along New England coast on another day.We also want to go to Salem via the ferry.Both tours are availble in Oct and June.The rest of our time will be spent exploring Boston.We considered going to Wrentham shopping but wondered if its worth the $80 bus costs?

My major problem is deciding which month to go we can go 22nd Oct for the week or leave it until next June(already going away this month).Is it worth waiting till next year for better weather,we can do any dates in June wondered about graduation and if Cape Cod etc be hectic that time of year.On the other hand we dont want lots of rain if we go in October.Is it still nice on Cape Cod and along coast? Any advice greatly appreciated.Thinking of staying in Omni Parker House Hotel is this in a good area?

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which month is best? Please help!!!

Omni is a great hotel and in a great area. It is on the Freedom trail.

I would not wait and do it this Oct. The days are still pretty nice with the temps in 50's and 60's. Nights are cool, bring sweaters and a jacket.

The Cape is still nice thru Thanksgiving. Oct. will be nice and no crowds.

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which month is best? Please help!!!

I'll second eileen's recommendation.

June can be very expensive for hotels in Boston due to graduation through the middle of the month. The weather in October can be terrific even late in the month, while June in Boston can be rainy and cool, too (for instance, as it is this year!)

The Omni is in a great location. Be forewarned, the smallest rooms at the Omni are very small, enough for one person, not two, so don't book the cheapest rooms they offer, you might be disappointed, unless you know for certain that it's big enough to accommodate both of you.

northern ireland
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which month is best? Please help!!!

Thanks to both of you.I dont mind if its a small room if the location is good.Had considered Back Bay area but hotels bit dearer is it worth the extra? Will definately go October I'm rather impatient and dont think I could have waited until next year so I'm glad you both think October would be better.:)

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Which month is best? Please help!!!

October!

You'll enjoy less crowds all around and I've been on the beach on the Cape in Oct. with quite high temps, so you never know.

Overall, the city and surrounding areas are just beautiful in the fall - I think it is an overlooked time to visit but that can be beneficial to those who do come.

Enjoy:)

SeaportConcierge

www.seaportboston.com

Boston
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which month is best? Please help!!!

Both months are great, but you've settled on October. Just know that it gets very crowded and touristy in Salem in October, because they exploit their association with witch trials and Halloween. Not that you won't have fun, but just know there will be mobs of people there. I might avoid actually going on Halloween, if that is a date you will be in the area. It definitely can rain in October, but same for June. Our weather in those months probably isn't all that different from your weather, so just bring your rain gear and some layered clothing.

6. Re: Which month is best? Please help!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2009, 08:19