We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Logan Airport to John Jeffries House

Level Contributor
167 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Logan Airport to John Jeffries House

We have a flight coming in at 10pm on Monday. Transportation information I've been able to find on MBTA has us taking the Silver Line to So. Sta. and then the Red Line to Charles/MGH Station. Then walking "13 min." to the John Jeffries on David G Mugar Way. We'd be doing this just before midnight and I'm wondering if it's OK to be walking about pulling our bags at that time of night? If that's not a good idea, any idea how much a cab would cost? What part of town would this area be called... Beacon Hill?

Thanks,

Somerville
Level Contributor
301 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Logan Airport to John Jeffries House

I think a rough estimate would be around $35 - $40. While the area should be safe, it would really be tiring after a flight to lug a suitcase onto the Silverline, etc., ending up at the John Jeffries House. It's not a choice I'd pick for myself.

Mentioned in this post
John Jeffries House
John Jeffries House
485 Reviews
Boston, MA
Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Logan Airport to John Jeffries House

Hi,

Yes, it's Beacon Hill. If you want to take the T and save money, then by all means go for it. Just remember that the T starts shutting down shortly after midnight, so if you're running late, just cab it. The John Jefferies House is about a 1 minute walk from Charles/MGH, not 13. A cab is much more convienent and will run you about $20-25.

Level Contributor
167 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Logan Airport to John Jeffries House

Thanks for your replies. It's good to know we have a choice and can decide when we arrive.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
29,288 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Logan Airport to John Jeffries House

Yes its cheaper to take the T but i would opt for a taxi the quicker to my hotel the better.

boston, ma
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Logan Airport to John Jeffries House

John Jeffries House is across the street from Charles station. If you take the T, exit Charles Station to the street, turn left, walk to curb, and John Jeffries House will be diagonally across the intersection. The area is very safe.

Mentioned in this post
John Jeffries House
John Jeffries House
485 Reviews
Boston, MA
Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Logan Airport to John Jeffries House

I looked up the fare on Boston Taxi Fare Finder and it's $25 with 15% tip.

7. Re: Logan Airport to John Jeffries House

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2009, 06:22