We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking for the day

United States
Level Contributor
1,863 posts
273 reviews
Save Topic
Parking for the day

Can you park at the Marriott Wharf for the day or is it for hotel guests only?

Also....

In the trolley website it says that you can park at 0 Charles St, is that close to one of their stops or how would that work?

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking for the day

You can but they are going to charge you around $35.00.

If on a weekend there are other places close by which you can do in the 10 dollar range.

If during the week there are lots on Northern Ave which are always mentioned here and are around $11.00 for the day. The walk from here to The Mariott is 10 minutes and very nice. You walk along the harbor the whole way.

O charles has me.....perhaps this is the garage under the Boston Commom? If so....not close.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking for the day

Yes, 0 Charles Street is the Boston Common Underground Garage. And yes, you can certainly park there and hop on the trolley. Be advised that this is for the Old Town Trolley and not Beantown Trolley. Park at the garage, and come back out onto Charles St. Left on Charles and take it half block to Boylston St. You will see Old Town's souvenir shop located there. Buy your trolley tickets and wait for the next trolley to come by.

Level Contributor
421 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking for the day

my most recent experience with the Boston Common garage was that it was totally full and on-street parking was extremely difficult to find. is there any reason you wouldn't consider taking the T? hopefully you will find affordable parking easily, but I just thought I'd throw out the idea so you don't get stuck and frustrated if parking/traffic is awful. have a great trip!

United States
Level Contributor
1,863 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking for the day

What is the "T" ?? If that means trolley, yes we want to take Old Town Trolley, but we need to park our car somewhere. We'll be driving in for the day from about 1.5 hrs away. No, we do not want to stay in the city, we just want to go for the day.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
24,420 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking for the day

"T" is the subway -- the ones locals and commuters use that runs mostly underground. The Trolley tours are just that tours ... not commuter options.

If you are coming on a weekday or during hte time of a huge event (tall ships, Boston Marathon, etc) or the Saturday before Christmas, you might find that the Boston Common garage fills up, but I park there almost every Sunday and have never had an issue when I arrive or seen it full when I leave.

One note ... if you drive a full size SUV (Escalade, Expedition, etc) ... you will NOT fit into the Boston Common Garage! Ditto for the large pick-ups.

United States
Level Contributor
1,863 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking for the day

Mid size SUV... we'll plan on going on a Saturday or Sunday. We're staying in the Maine area for 10 days, so we have the option to choose days. Is it better to park at the Marriott Wharf? We dont mind the $35 charge as long as we know we can get a parking space, also it looks like a nice area to stay around for some hours.

United States
Level Contributor
1,863 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking for the day

I checked with the hotel and the parking is $44 for the day, but they do allow people to park there even if they are not staying at the hotel. Our other option to avoid the parking issue was to take the ferry from Salem, but that would have cost double what the parking is going to cost (4 of us). So we feel better going this route.

NewEngland
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking for the day

You should seriously consider just driving to the T stop (subway) that is farthest out of the city. The parking and driving are not fun in Boston. If you are going for the day, it is way less stressful and the T is pretty easy to navigate.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Killington
Level Contributor
2,089 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Parking for the day

If you are taking the Old Town Trolley, park in the Boston Common Garage. It is right across the street from the Old Town Trolley's office and stop. You will fit your mid-size SUV and you will get a spot.

If you are taking the Old Town Trolley, I'm not sure why you were looking at the Marriott's parking lot???

United States
Level Contributor
1,863 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Parking for the day

The Marriott parking lot is to park the car for the day while we take the trolley and tour the city. Someone mentioned that the other parking lot might be full.