We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boston in Two Days

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston
Level Contributor
46 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Boston in Two Days

I am treating my mother to a labor day vacation to Boston. Neither of us have been. The only thing that we have planned so far is to take a tour of Fenway Park.

We wil only be in town for 2 days. Do yall have any suggestions of other things we shoud do?

Also, we want to stay in a hotel that is within walking distance to a lot of attractions and resturants. Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!!

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,068 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boston in Two Days

Waterfront area and Back Bay/Copley are most convenient to the many attractions. Since we don't have a clue what you like yet, check out the "welcome to Boston" sticky at the top of the forum. There are 326 attractions listed there, which should give you a start.

Houston
Level Contributor
46 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boston in Two Days

Thank you!

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Boston in Two Days

Seeing that you only have 2 days to spend here, try and situate yourself in an area like Back Bay, Downtown or over by the Harbor. I wouldn't recommend staying in the Seaport or South Boston Waterfront areas for such a short stay. Those areas are fine for longer stays but they are a little further away from the main tourist areas.

There are several hotels in each area I mentioned above, from reasonable (by Boston standards) to expensive. You will have to provide us with what you are looking to spend on a hotel per night in order for us to help you out.

The same goes for what to do and see while you're here. What one person may enjoy, another person may not. Try and let us help you by telling us the sorts of things you can see yourself and your mother enjoying. Harbor Cruises, Museums, Architecture, Pretty walking areas and parks, Shopping, Duck Tours, Trolley Tours, Revolutionary War sights, funky, lively neighborhoods, historic neighborhoods? There's so much to see and you wont be able to see it all in 2 days, so narrow down what you think you two will enjoy for such a short visit.

The Fenway Tour will be fun, but you can get that out of the way early in the day, so you have the rest of the day to plan for.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boston in Two Days

I agree about your hotel location-- go with Back Bay. It is quite central, and is very pretty and has a lot of the attractions. Even if you just walked around Back Bay and did the Fenway tour, I think you would probably feel pretty good about your time in Boston. I highly recommend spending a little bit of time walking around Beacon Hill, since it is so old and so extremely different from the more western parts of this country. I still find it kind of amazing. It's the neighborhood right next to Back Bay. From Back Bay you could walk through the Public Garden, which is one of our famous sights (Swan Boats) then go over to Charles Street on the Beacon Hill side (take a left on Charles Street, not a right). Charles Street is really charming and has many cafes and interesting shops. But don't neglect going up the hill and exploring some of the little elegant streets (and one square) up there. Mt. Vernon Street has been called the most beautiful street in America (I know, I know -- lots of streets have been called this). It certainly deserves the nomination.

5. Re: Boston in Two Days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2010, 08:19