We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

$18 & up -- Two-hour sale today at Copley Square Hotel

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
252 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
$18 & up -- Two-hour sale today at Copley Square Hotel

Just saw and figured I'd post it!

hotels.travelzoo.com/lodging-hotels/616832

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: $18 & up -- Two-hour sale today at Copley Square Hotel

I am curious if anyone got the $18.00 deal? I had it confirmed with my credit card info then it said I need to do it all over again. OF COURSE, it was gone when I retyped everything back in. There were opportunities for the $118.00 but after there was nothing for $18.00.

San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
251 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: $18 & up -- Two-hour sale today at Copley Square Hotel

My husband (at work with a faster connection) had the same problem, but we were trying to get the $38 for the King. He kept getting error messages and couldn't complete the reservation.

Me, at home with the slower connection, did get teh $118 rate for 2 nights in mid-August. Decided not to pony up the extra $50 total for the King. I would have loved to get the King for $38. Oh well, at least my search for the hotel for our stay is over. We've got our tickets, hotels for both locations (wedding in CT and Boston). Now I've got to see about the car reservation.

Thanks for the tip.

Kittery, Maine
Level Contributor
862 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: $18 & up -- Two-hour sale today at Copley Square Hotel

What a feeding Frenzy! the $18 rooms were gone in about 15 min and I too ha the issue with getting thru the credit card then an 'error' and oops the room's no longer available at that price and then it was $118. I didn't bite at that higher price.

Toronto
Level Contributor
25 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: $18 & up -- Two-hour sale today at Copley Square Hotel

I had exactly the same expereince - credit card in; said there was a problem; tried again and of course no luck - Frustrating

Kittery, Maine
Level Contributor
862 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: $18 & up -- Two-hour sale today at Copley Square Hotel

I think it seemed odd that whole blocks of dates were scoffed up immediately - I'm doubting it was all individuals like us looking for specific dates.

San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
251 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: $18 & up -- Two-hour sale today at Copley Square Hotel

I called and spoke to someone at reservations and she admitted that they were having problems with the reservations website and were going to look into it. She couldn't promise anything but to send reservations an email telling them what the error message said, what time it was at and contact information. I figured it was worth a try so I did.

Chicago
Level Contributor
216 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: $18 & up -- Two-hour sale today at Copley Square Hotel

same thing happened to me but I went ahead and spent the $118...seems pretty worth it to me.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,104 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: $18 & up -- Two-hour sale today at Copley Square Hotel

You are right, $118 is a good rate, but it was rather frustrating to think I had a room for $38 and to keep getting the error message as I clicked "confirm" the odd thing is that the website processed my login registration but failed to process my reservation

9. Re: $18 & up -- Two-hour sale today at Copley Square Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2010, 07:18