We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation to the Kenny Chesney concert 2009

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Alberta
1 post
Save Topic
transportation to the Kenny Chesney concert 2009

Hello. We are coming to Boston in August 2009 for the Kenny Chesney concert. We will probably be staying in the Waterfront district and are wondering how we can get to Gillette stadium for the concert. We were hoping to use public transportation - we don't really want to rent a car. We would love some suggestions. Thank you.;

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation to the Kenny Chesney concert 2009

Try the Rockbus. I just looked at the website and they are offering service to Kenny Chesney but have no riders as of right now. It's a little quirky in how it works as you need enough people to "confirm" they are going and designate a "rally point" or pickup locations. Once there's enough people, they confirm that a bus will be going there. For you, you want to put yourselves on the list for South Station Boston and click the watch option to see how many others confirm for that pickup location. I'm guessing that there will be enough people wanting to go from South Station as the concert gets closer since Chesney has played Gillette Stadium in the past to huge crowds. It's $25 per ticket and a good way to get to/from the show with other fans.

http://rockbus.net/boston/index.php

Gwent
Level Contributor
138 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation to the Kenny Chesney concert 2009

I presume that you are flying in, if not i can recommend staying in Patriot Place at the Rennaisance, check it out on Marriot.com.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,251 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation to the Kenny Chesney concert 2009

That Rockbus is something new and is a great idea. Hope it works out for you. If it doesn't, renting a car is really your only option I know of and the wait and the traffic getting out of Gillette is horrible.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation to the Kenny Chesney concert 2009

Anyone know of another bus from the North Shore that leaves earlier than 12:00 from Woburn? Last year we left at 6:00 a.m. from Haverhill.

Mobile, Alabama
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: transportation to the Kenny Chesney concert 2009

I just signed up for the Rockbus from South Station - we need more people so that it will get confirmed!!!

Boston
Level Contributor
3,615 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: transportation to the Kenny Chesney concert 2009

Another option, which may or may not be cheaper overall than staying at the Renaissance attached to Gillette, is to take a commuter rail train from Boston to either Mansfield or Sharon, then cab it from there to Rt 1 near the stadium, get out, and walk up to the stadium, and then maybe arrange with the cab to come pick you up at a designated spot WAY after the concert so you aren't charged for the waiting and traffic fees the cab would be stuck with. You could get the commuter rail schedule by going to the Mass Bay Transit Authority website (don't know it). The only regularly scheduled train that I know of that actually directly goes to the Stadium runs only for football games. Just an idea!

Boston
Level Contributor
97 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: transportation to the Kenny Chesney concert 2009

I go every year and drive. I highly recommend taking the Rockbus if at all possible. Traffic from the City is a good 3 hours. I assume you are doing more than Kenny and hoping to see some of Boston and that is why you are staying in Boston. If not, consider some of the suggestions to stay closer to Gillette. Foxboro is almost hour south of Boston on a good day, never mind the traffic jams caused by the concert.

You will have a fantastic time...ENJOY IT!

8. Re: transportation to the Kenny Chesney concert 2009

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2010, 05:16