We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cedar Lane Way vs.Prince St

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oregon
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cedar Lane Way vs.Prince St

Coming for our first trip to Boston at the end of Sept. and have found 2 different 2 bdrm apartments for 1 week that are reasonable. One is on Cedar Lane Way near Beacon Hill, the other is in the North End on Prince St. Any advice on which would be better--closest to T, walking to sites, ect?? Also any suggestions on websites for 2 bdrm accommodations

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,332 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Cedar Lane Way vs.Prince St

The T actually doesn't go into either area, so you have to walk out of both to reach a station. Thus, the more "central" you stay in either area, the further you'll be from a T Station. I think Prince Street wins that prize, but not by a lot.

The other consideration is "buzz", which the North End has and Beacon Hill doesn't. Beacon Hill tends to be very quiet and residential, while the North End has loads of restaurants and folks strolling. Which is better is up to you.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,456 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cedar Lane Way vs.Prince St

I agree with what Alan has said and wanted to add that it's probably about a 10 minute walk to a T station from either location ... maybe a little more ... if you are located on the far end of Prince.

Go to Google Maps and search for Prince St Boston or Cedar Lane Way Boston. Once the map pops up, click on 'Search nearby' and type T Station. (Don't type subway or you'll get a list of sandwich shops -- lol!)

Also, do NOT be alarmed by the fact there appears to be a major highway between Prince St and the T stops. It runs underground. And one more thing -- google lables "north station" as a train station (it is) but the subway's green and orange lines are there too.

On google maps you can click on 'street view' and get a look at the neighborhood. Cedar Ln Way is only a short distance from Charles Street which has restaruants and shops, but is very different from the north end.

To be honest ... I'm not sure which one I would choose. I like both places but they have totally different 'feels'. (I'm no help, am I?)

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cedar Lane Way vs.Prince St

Trudy:

Are you still looking at 156 Prince Street? This is down by Commercial and a short walk to The T at North Station.

I think I would go with Cedar Lane. Picking up the red line at Charles is easy enough. You are near the Common and the river. Newbury Street is lest than a 10 minute walk.

You can have a great inexpensive breakfast at The Paramount Deli.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,302 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cedar Lane Way vs.Prince St

Although both locations are good, I think I would go with the Beacon Hill location. It will be a quieter area than the N. End. and for atmosphere Beacon Hill is about as "Bostony" as you're going to get.

boston, ma
Level Contributor
988 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cedar Lane Way vs.Prince St

Cedar Lane Way is about as quaint a place as you can get. The street is barely wide enough for a car and is lined with small houses and apartments. Years ago this would have been a street of servants houses. I recommend it as an experience you won't find anywhere else.

6. Re: Cedar Lane Way vs.Prince St

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2010, 06:17