We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cool Segway Tour

Boston...
Level Contributor
213 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Cool Segway Tour

Hey everyone.. I havent been on this in awhile.. but I just did this cool segway tour in Boston with GREENWAY ZOOMAHS.. theyre located on Commercial Street in Boston right in the north end- right by the water. I was soooo scared on the segway at first but 5 minutes later I was an expert "zooming" away!!!

We had a great tour thanks to John the owner of the company. We went along the beautiful greenway and by the Harbor. Its definitely worth checking out if in the town. I know their email is greenwayzoomahs@gmail.com and their # is 617-635-9666

Theyre brand new I guess, I stumbled upon them while having lunch in the north end- it was such a great surprise!!!! I want a segway now! its a cool way to see a little bit of Boston's greatness... happy travels and enjoy my hometown

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cool Segway Tour

What a neat concept. I most likely will be seeing one or two of them when I stay in Boston in a few weeks. I'll have to remember to bring my camera to take a picture of one of these new "contraptions" they're calling a "segway" that's buzzing around the City these days!

I saw them on Dateline or one of those shows one night a few years ago. It's about time they came to Boston, that'll be awesome for people with hip and/or knee issues I bet!

Boston
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cool Segway Tour

Are they allowed on sidewalks? Or are Segway considered more like cyclists and have to follow those rules?

Honestly, they don't seem very practical to me in more congested parts of the city.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,884 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cool Segway Tour

At one time, Boston had banned them because of safety concerns. I guess that has now changed. However, these tours cost over $100 a person (those Segways still cost about $5K each).

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cool Segway Tour

Boston Gliders Segway Tour has been up and running in Boston for quite some time now. They're rated #1 in the Things To Do list.

I have no idea what the rules are with them either, but I sure wouldn't mind taking one for a spin!

Maybe Miss Boston can fill us in on that?

Boston...
Level Contributor
213 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cool Segway Tour

We were allowed on the sidewalks, the greenway and down where the harbor is around the aquarium. We crossed the streets at stoplights like anyone else walking across. We even took a short ride through Faniuel Hall and people were amazed. So many people ran up to us. I felt like a mini celebrity. ha! I saw some other people on tours as well around the area. Its so crazy because everyone looks at you while you ride. Cars, people passing by and what not... The owner is such a nice guy and his wife as well. The tour was informative, fun, and they had different prices ranges for the times proposed. We chose to do the hour long tour and it was $50 per person. I learned in like 5 minutes and we went for the ride after the group was entirely settled and comfortable. I loved it! I cant wait to do it again!

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cool Segway Tour

Ah, the Segway, invented and manufactured in good old New Hampshire.

I've never ridden one, though.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,399 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cool Segway Tour

I stayed at the Marriott Tudor Wharf this weekend and saw a group riding segways across the bridge into Charlestown (on the sidewalk). Looked like different ages in the group. They had on gray helmets - was that you MissBoston?

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cool Segway Tour

I forgot the inventor lived in NH, that's right too.

I just finished reading this article about him and it's about his next neat concept coming out soon enough. It'll certainly be something to look for in the not to distant future for ALL of us around the world that will most likely need this as we're going along with our modes of transportation:

…csmonitor.com/innovation/…

9. Re: Cool Segway Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2011, 15:33
10. Re: Cool Segway Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 19:05