We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking

Toronto
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Parking

I see others have posted on the subject but wondering if anyone has a good solution. I am arriving in Boston by car unfortunately from Monday and staying to Friday. I am staying at the Fairmont Battery Wharf and parking is $48 / night. Any suggestions of other places to park? I am happy to park my car a distance from the lot and leave it for the week if that is a possibility.

Thanks for your help.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking

Good morning Simonm34,

What a beautiful hotel you're going to be staying at all week! $48 a day for parking there? That is totally absurd.

As long as you're driving down with your car from Canada, you should look in to C&J trailways. It's FREE parking all week long. Just take their bus and get off at South Station and walk or hop in a taxi to the Hotel. When you're ready to leave on Friday, just get to South Station to pick it up.

The Portsmouth, NH location would be good for you. It also has a pick up and drop off in Newburyport, MA., further down I-95. So you could use either lot, they're both convenient and free. There's 900 parking spots in Portsmouth, it's ideal. They let you keep your car there up to 28 days and just think, it's free. You can't go wrong, it'll be safe there too, they have a security system in place at both lots.

Here's their site to check it out. You could even call them to arrange it with them if you wanted to.

Although as far as the bus seat is concerned, it doesn't matter if you make reservations, it's first come first serve basically. You'll be fine though, it's a good idea to pick it up in Portsmouth so you'll get a seat if it's during commuter hours at all:

www.ridecj.com

Good luck! You could also drive down to the MBTA's Anderson facility in Woburn located at Atlantic Ave & Commerce Way. It's $4.00 for customers at that one. Here's their site if you decide to go with that lot instead:

www.mbta.com

Click on Schedules & Maps for this facility.

Good luck. Enjoy your week at the Fairmont Battery Wharf. I'm hearing a lot of good things about that new beautiful hotel!

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking

I forgot to add, it's $4.00 a DAY at the MBTA's Anderson Transportation facility, which is still better than $48 a day isn't it!

Where you're driving down from Canada any way

either lot would be convenient for you. This particular one in Woburn, MA is off of I-93 and the other way of going in is the CJ Trailways bus lots that are located off of I-95. One in Portsmouth, NH and the other convenient location is at Newburyport, MA., further down I-95. With CJ bus company, they'd have you at South Staion under an hour, it's not a bad ride at all. They also have a chest of ice cold bottled water as soon as you get on the bus and head sets to watch a movie. You'd be in Boston in no time.

3. Re: Parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2010, 13:16