We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American Chop Suey

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
257 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
American Chop Suey

I used to love this stuff when I was a kid. Is there a good diner in Boston or Cambridge that serves it? Or does anyone have a good recipe they'd be willing to post on Off Topic Chatter? Thanks much.

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Cambridge
Cambridge
Massachusetts
Special Offer
Day Trip to Martha's Vineyard
588 Reviews
from US$94.50*
US$105.00
Boston in One Day Sightseeing Tour...
703 Reviews
from US$79.00*
Boston Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour
1,053 Reviews
from US$41.95*
Boston Whale Watching Cruise on a...
461 Reviews
from US$55.65*
Concord, New...
Level Contributor
467 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: American Chop Suey

There is a thread on Chowhound with a bunch of recommendations.

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/424983

L4R
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
333 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: American Chop Suey

I used to have it at Pizzeria Rico on Bromfield in Downtown Crossing all the time and they still have it! And you can't beat their prices.

http://www.pizzeriarico.com/menu.htm

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
257 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: American Chop Suey

Oh goody, goody. Next time we're in Boston we'll have to go to Pizzeria Rico.

There's even a link to RecipeZaar on the Chowhound site in case I get ambitious and actually try to make it. The recipe calls for two cans of tomato soup...ha, ha, ha...sometimes you just get a yearning for the food of your childhood tho....

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Boston
Level Contributor
818 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: American Chop Suey

Hi,

I had American Chop Suey at a place in Watertown (10 miles outside of Boston) called the Half Way Café located just west of Watertown Square. Great dish served as a special on Thursdays (I think Thursday). They have a nightly special for $7.00, not sure if it is a standard menu item. Chop Suey just like Mom made with hot garlic bread.

In addition, best Macaroni’n Cheese… Silvertones in Boston on Bromfield St (next to the Omni Parker Hotel on Tremont St). Very good if that is what you like.

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Boston
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: American Chop Suey

If you can find an old fashioned deli/lunch place they often have this on the menu. One example downtown is the Deli One on Arch Street. I would guess they have it about every 3rd day . . . if you were walking by there.

6. Re: American Chop Suey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2010, 14:22