We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anyone had problems with StubHub?

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Topic
anyone had problems with StubHub?

In January I purchased 3 Red Sox tickets through Stub Hub for the July 30th game at Fenway. I have never used Stub Hub before, but I've have friends who have used them.

It is now Monday, and my tickets have not shipped for Thursday's game. I've been in touch with Stub Hub via e-mail and phone. The customer service reps. were both very helpful, and they called the seller this morning. According to the seller, he has the "tickets in hand ready to ship today." The Stub Hub rep. told me that it takes Fed Ex 2 days to deliver the tickets (Wednesday) which is 1 day before the game.

My order still has the "hasn't shipped" status, so I'm getting very worried. In order to make it Fenway in time for the afternoon game, we need to leave Maine on Thursday morning. I'm not sure if my tickets will arrive in time for the game. I know that StubHub has the fan protection guarantee, but this transaction has soured the StubHub experience for me and my 7 year old son!

I've read good reviews of StubHub on TA, but epionions is filled with mixed reviews. Has anyone had a similar experience with Stub Hub? Any suggestions of what I should do?

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,175 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anyone had problems with StubHub?

I've used them several times and have never had a problem. I'd call them back and explain to them that you are in Maine and need to leave by a certain time to reach Fenway in time for the game and that you're afraid the FedEx might not reach you in time. See if you can pick them up at their offices or something?

Good luck!

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: anyone had problems with StubHub?

The saga continues...

I called StubHub back this afternoon, and now the story is that the seller is waiting for the tickets to arrive. Huh? He told us that he had them in his hands this morning and was on his way to mail them!

StubHub is paying to have the tickets sent overnight FedEx as soon as the seller "receives" them. I have a feeling these tickets don't exist or that the seller already sold them.

I predict that this isn't going to work out and I'll be testing StubHub's fan protection policy.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,336 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: anyone had problems with StubHub?

librarychic1 - did you get the tickets on time?

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: anyone had problems with StubHub?

I did get tickets on time after talking with 10 different people (including 2 managers) at StubHub. They made me wait until the day before the game to see if the seller had shipped them. The seller never had the tickets, so SH replaced the tickets as part of their Fan Guarantee. I picked them up at their office on Beacon St. which is right around the corner from the park. They also refunded the shipping charges.

It was a great game, and the Sox won! I think next time I'll try Ace Tickets.

HB, CA
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: anyone had problems with StubHub?

They tried to process my payment through paypal, but did it wrong, then they said they would re process, and it would be another 3-4 days, then in 4 days, we called back, and they said they did it wrong again, 3rd time...so at this point they said it would be best if we just got a check, so we said fine, we waited the next 7 days and never RCVD the check. We called back and they said, the check must be lost, we will need to reissue a check, another 7 days, I was so over this. Now I am still without my money and the game was over a week ago. I will never use STUB HUB again..and they are still not doing anything about it. So frustrated.

Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: anyone had problems with StubHub?

librarychic1, did you get comparable seats or better?

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: anyone had problems with StubHub?

I got comparable seats to the original ones.We were in the grandstand section 6 instead of section 5. The tickets I originally purchased were about $80 per ticket plus tax and fees. As the game got closer, the tickets were $120 per ticket. StubHub didn't charge me the extra money, and they reimbursed me $12 for shipping.

Next time I'm going to try Ace Tickets. It all worked out, but it was a pain dealing with SH. Each time I called, I got a different person on the phone who gave me different information.

Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: anyone had problems with StubHub?

All good to know. Thanks much.

Long Island
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: anyone had problems with StubHub?

If you gave Stubhub your credit card information be aware you are screwed!My credit card info was stolen and I reported it to my credit card company and the police department with all my online purchases that I have made and they all tracked the stolen credit info back to Stubhub.

It seems that they work with outsiders that collect credit card info and either do not ship the tickets or faulsly bill the card for unauthorized purchases.

Then fight the credit card fraud department about the purchase.

My credit card company investigater told me there is nothing they can do about it and this happens all day long with stolen online purchases with stolen

IDs. But!!!! Someone has to pay the bill!

My card company is "Chase" Visa Amazon card.

I am going to demand they bring me in front of a court Judge before I will pay them for a scam that was pulled on them that they want me to pay for.

FYI! You will win 3xs the amount in court when the credit card loses their suit!

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
221 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: anyone had problems with StubHub?

A friend ordered concert tickets from StubHub. It was an out of town concert. When they went to get in security informed them that two of the tickets were not authentic and the other two or three were. They had to go back to the hotel and lost the money. I don't know how StubHub works so maybe this is a very unusual experience.