We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Trip to Boston; are my planned events redundant?

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Louisiana
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
First Trip to Boston; are my planned events redundant?

I am visiting Boston for three days in mid Aug. I want to do the Ducktour, a Segway tour, and walk the Freedom Trail. Are these 3 tours unique enough that I could do them all and not see/hear the same stuff each time? Thanks

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,084 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Trip to Boston; are my planned events redundant?

I've never heard of the Segway tour. I imagine the Ducktour and Freedom Trail are different enough to be interesting (but of course I've never done either one, because I live here).

The Freedom Trail is just a marked (literally, on the sidewalk) path that connects different historical sights. You don't have to follow it slavishly.

I always recommend the Fenway Park tour to anyone who wants to get a feel for what Boston is all about, even (and especially) if you know nothing about baseball.

Boston, Ma
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: First Trip to Boston; are my planned events redundant?

I am not sure what area your Segway tour will cover, I googled it and found a lot that are on the Freedom Trail, you could consider just doing the Segway and doing something else with the time you had scheduled to walk the Freedom trail.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: First Trip to Boston; are my planned events redundant?

Absolutely! I think it's 3 distinct ways to see the city...by Amphibious Vehicle, by foot and by cruising around on a Segway.

There are at least 2 Segway tour companies operating in the city, so be sure to find the most reasonably priced.

P.S. Some of the sights may overlap a bit, but because you'll be seeing them in 3 very different ways, I don't see it being an issue.

I suggest doing the Duck Tour first, then walking the Freedom Trail and saving the fun of the Segway for last.

4. Re: First Trip to Boston; are my planned events redundant?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2011, 15:33
Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
2,308 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Trip to Boston; are my planned events redundant?

I don't know how the Segway tours work, but will they allow you to get off and go inside such places as Paul Revere's house and Old North Church?

6. Re: First Trip to Boston; are my planned events redundant?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2010, 05:18