We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to park when coming from nb

NB
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best place to park when coming from nb

I am driving from New brunswick and will be parking at and taking the train into boston. I am staying at the Sheraton in Back Bay. Which parking area would be best coming from the north east?

MA
Level Contributor
9 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to park when coming from nb

We used a website (bestparking.com)when we were in town a couple of weeks ago and found a garage at 85 St. James St for $20 per 24 hours on the weekend. It was close to our hotel and easy to find. Just an option if you chose to park in Boston.

Most T (subway, closer to the city) stations have fairly large parking lots but commuter rail (suburbs) stations' lots are usually small. If you are coming down rt 93 look along the orange line which starts in Malden. Wellington station in Medford would probably be the closest to 93. Make sure you lock your car though and hide any valuables.

Good luck and have a great trip.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,420 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to park when coming from nb

I'd go with Wellington. You can park in the MBTA garage or Station Landing.

mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/…

stationlanding.com/StationLandingParkingRate…

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
1,798 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to park when coming from nb

Why do I think that you left something out of your original post?

"I am driving from New Brunswick and will be parking at (WHERE?) and taking the train into Boston."

Obviously, you wouldn't need to take the train into Boston if you are driving and parking in Boston. So I am utterly confused and not sure if folks are actually providing you with the information you want. Are you looking to park outside of Boston? But then why wouldn't you just drive all the way into Boston? Or is it that you don't realize that the Back Bay IS Boston and are just trying to indicate that you want a place to park near the Sheraton (or is reasonably priced) and will be using the T to get around town?

Better clarify so that you get the right info.

NB
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to park when coming from nb

I apologize if my original query was unclear. I am looking for an area to park my car during my stay. I am aware that Back Bay is part of Boston but the price of parking is horrible and the traffic doesn't sound much better. I have been looking into it and it appears to be much more economical to park my car just off the interstate and use the T to get around. The suggestion of Wellington appears to be a good choice. Can you think of another area?

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
703 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to park when coming from nb

If you want to save yourself some mileage & stress on the long drive down from New Brunswick, you could also park at the Amtrak station in Portland and catch the Downeaster train into Boston. There are only five trains a day, so you'd have to time it right, but it's a pleasant 2.5-hour ride, and parking in Portland is only $3 per day.

A similar option would be the C&J bus from Portsmouth, NH. Their parking lot is right off I-95 and is free for their customers.

Amtrak takes you into North Station, while C&J takes you into South Station. In either case, you can easily connect to the subway.

I just mention these as other options. You may want to keep your car closer to Boston, in which case I'd agree with the Wellington suggestion.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place to park when coming from nb

If you park at Station Landing at the Wellington T stop make sure to park on the 5th floor or above for the $5.00 per 24 hours MBTA rate.

Another option is to park at the Boston Express bus stop in Salem, NH. Parking is free for their customers but it is not a garage but a parking lot and I do not believe there is not 24 hr on-site security like Station Landing offers.

bostonexpressbus.com/new-hampshire/salem-exi…

7. Re: Best place to park when coming from nb

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2010, 08:16