We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels near shuttle stops

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Erie, Pa.
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
hotels near shuttle stops

Our first trip to Boston next month and we have looked at all the websites for hotels, etc. We really just want to find a reasonable hotel (under $120 per night) that has an airport shuttle and is close to a T stop, as we will not have a car.

It can be outside the city, but not more than, say 15 miles. We don't want to spend all of our money on the hotels and transportation (cabs) as we want to eat, drink and sightsee. We are mid 40s, a married couple. please help! Thanks

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,523 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels near shuttle stops

Just do a search on "Hotels on the T" in the search box above.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels near shuttle stops

We recently stayed at the Marriott in Cambridge (Kendall/MIT). YOu can read my review about the hotel at this site. Very convenient, very inexpensive weekend rate with AAA, right at a T stop. You can take the silver line and red line to and from the airport.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels near shuttle stops

The Mariott in Kendall Square is a nice choice. It is close to the red line....walking over the Longfellow is easy enough.

If you like to walk, the Charles River is the perfect place.

www.mbta.com

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels near shuttle stops

Try the Logan/Boston Hotel Shuttle: A door to door service to/from city hotels and the airport. Hotels served include: Sheraton, Hilton, Marriott, Park Plaza, Tremont, Radisson, Hyatt, Fairmont, Copley, Colonade, Omni Parker House & Eliot.

All of the above hotels have a T stop within a short distance too.

larlyn
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels near shuttle stops

You've got to try "Name your own price" on priceline. You can get a 4 star hotel downtown for as low as $100! It's amazing and something I can't believe more people don't take advantage of. (I sound like an advertisement) For example I'm going to the Sox game next Thursday and staying at the Omni Parker hotel for $120 including tax!! You often have to book a little closer to your date to get what you want at the price you want, but it's worth looking into.

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: hotels near shuttle stops

I thought the Sheraton was in the perfect location. It's connected to the Prudential Center where there is a T stop. We didn't even have to walk outside to get from our hotel room to the T!

I booked our room from Priceline and got a great deal.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
435 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: hotels near shuttle stops

Try the Best Western Adams Inn in Quincy

You can walk to North Quincy Station Red Line (15-20 mins into the city) and the hotel is on the water

They have a pool, bar and restaurant on the waterview side. The reviews here are spotty but most of the negative reviews only have one post so decide for yourself

I suggest searching the forums there are former guests that have posted there as well

I understand they have a shuttle to the T and there are a few restuarants within walking distance

Panera, Applebees and Cathay Pacific as well as a Sandwich shop D'Angelo's and McD's if interested

Caveat - is that the sidewalk on your way to the T is under construction so you have to cross the street and then go back to get to the side the T is on

YOu might have good luck as where obtaining something in your price range or as a previous poster suggested try the BID sites

Erie, Pa.
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotels near shuttle stops

Thanks for all of the information. However, several of the hotels listed are either way above our budget (based on Sept. 17 to Sept. 21) or booked. Will keep looking. Maybe if we don't have something booked by two weeks ahead, then we'll do the "name your price" option on Priceline. Thanks again to all.

Erie, Pa.
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hotels near shuttle stops

Thanks for the "Name Your Own Price" tip on Priceline. After 3 rejected bids, we got the Sheraton Boston Hotel in the Back Bay for $110 per night (sept. 17-21). It sounds perfect as there is a T stop right there and also, some tours stop by that location. Thanks again.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hotels near shuttle stops

What a great deal you got for the Sheraton, right in the heart of the Back Bay too, good for you!

I hope you have a wonderfully long, busy, fun filled weekend. You picked a good one, it's going to be sunny all weekend long.