We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining in and around Watertown Brighton Allston Brookline

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
435 posts
Save Topic
Dining in and around Watertown Brighton Allston Brookline

Myself and my teenage neice will be going to Brighton Watertown line for a day out we are both from the South Shore so not too familiar with dining choices in the area.

We are getting a massage and I would like to take her out for an early dinner 4-5PM

Can you suggest that a teen would like

Last time we went to the Stockyard she enjoyed it but ooking for something different this trip.

I ampretty familiar with the area driving so I mentioned some neighboring towns/areas

I also can remember someone telling me about a diner and another good restaurant in Watertown (maybe in the center)

Thanks

PS Moderate to budget prices - the massage will be a bit expensive

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
1,798 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining in and around Watertown Brighton Allston Brookline

Are you referring to the Town Diner in Watertown? Probably a good bet for such an early dinner.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining in and around Watertown Brighton Allston Brookline

There are several diners in and around Watertown, and some are NOT good. But the Deluxe Town Diner (often called the Town Diner) is really good. I think a teenager would like it and find plenty on the menu. They have really good Kobe beef burgers, they have a lot of standard American stuff, plus some more sophisticated choices, and they are open long hours. An early dinner there would be good as you should not end up having to stand in line (like they do for brunch on Saturday and Sunday). It's on Mt. Auburn Street at Bigelow Street (a block away from Arlington Street). Probably the good restaurant in Watertown Square that was meant was Stellina's. I am very fond of it, but not sure how early they start to serve. It would be more expensive than the diner, although I think you get a good value for the money. It's got a lovely funky individual looking interior, but is more of an adult place than the diner. Right near Stellina's you have a couple more options: the Upper Crust pizza, and Not Your Average Joe's.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,709 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dining in and around Watertown Brighton Allston Brookline

If you're interested in Thai, Amarin in Newton Corner is pretty good. There is also a good little Japanese restaurant, New Ginza on Galen St.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dining in and around Watertown Brighton Allston Brookline

The Town Diner is nice.

There is a diner across from Smith Field in North Brighton on North Harvard Street.

North Brighton and Allston are almost the same thing.

From Allston....Harvard Square is less than a mile....

Boston, Ma
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Dining in and around Watertown Brighton Allston Brookline

The ideas already mentioned are good. If you are looking for something a little different La Casa de Pedro, latin food, is located off Arsenal st. in the Arsenal office park. There is nice outdoor seating if the weather is good. The entrees aren't necessarily budget, mid teens to mid twenties. But they have a tapas menu that is fun and pretty good. www.lecasadepedro.com

Also, in a completely other direction in terms of food, Buff's pub in Newton Corner (near Uno's on the crazy rotary) is great for wings and other pub food, and a fun atmosphere, and definitely affordable. (I love the honey hot wings here)

Boston...
Level Contributor
10 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dining in and around Watertown Brighton Allston Brookline

If you can make it to Coolidge Corner in Brookline there are a lot of options there along with parking. Zaftigs is a local favorite http://www.zaftigs.com/. Lots to walk around and see in that area.

L4R
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
333 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dining in and around Watertown Brighton Allston Brookline

There are so many affordable, great options in that area. I like Union Street in Newton and Soul Fire in Allston. There's a also a pretty new, authentic Irish chipper called The Battery in Brighton Center. Haven't tried it yet, but sounds fun. And there's a Brazilian BBQ called Cafe Belo in Allston, which is always really fun - it's buffet style and its 'pay as you eat'!

http://www.unionst.com/menus1.html

http://www.soulfirebbq.com/

8. Re: Dining in and around Watertown Brighton Allston Brookline

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2010, 06:20