We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boston in the Fall with kids

Montclair, New...
Level Contributor
346 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Boston in the Fall with kids

Contemplating a long weekend in the Fall (October maybe) to meet up with some friends and would like to leave the car home and let Amtrak do the driving. Any suggestions for decent conveniently located hotel that won't cost a fortune? Any particular area we should focus on? We were there many years ago and stayed in the financial district in an older hotel (name escapes me). We will be traveling as a family this time so different needs. Thanks!

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,033 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Boston in the Fall with kids

Would you care to share what your different needs are? What do you plan on doing or seeing? And what's not a fortune to you?

Montclair, New...
Level Contributor
346 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boston in the Fall with kids

Sorry should have been more specific. Definitely want to stay under $200 a night. Clean, good neighborhood and walking distance to restaurants, shops, etc. Nothing specific planned yet, open to suggestions. The kids are young elementary school age, we would like to take in some historical sites. Thanks.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
703 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boston in the Fall with kids

Given your interest in a nice neighborhood with shopping and easy access to historical sites for the kids, I think the two best neighborhoods for you to stay would be the Back Bay near Copley Square and the downtown/Faneuil Hall area. The Back Bay would be especially convenient if you come by Amtrak, since there is a train station there and you could walk right to your hotel.

I did a quick search hoping to find something decent under $200, but October is a peak season and hotel rates are high.

You could experiment with Priceline and Hotwire for better hotel deals -- then return to this forum and folks can help you out with locations, etc. Since you will traveling with kids, you will want 2 double beds to be guaranteed, and as I understand it, only Hotwire guarantees that.

4. Re: Boston in the Fall with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2010, 07:15