We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boston hotels

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego
2 posts
Save Topic
Boston hotels

I will be in Boston with my girlfriend October 7th through the 9th, I am a little overwhelmed with all of the hotels, can anyone give a good recommendation for about 150.00 a night, we will not have a car. Thanks for any info.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,515 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boston hotels

Look for something around the Faneuil Hall area, Back Bay, or Boston Common/Theater District

Try using Priceline or Hotwire along with using betterbidding.com

There are some good deals to be had using those sites and most of the hotels are in good locations.

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boston hotels

I suggest you try Priceline.com and/or Hotwire.com. Look for a 4-star hotel in the Back Bay, Downtown/Financial District, or Quincy Market/Faneuil Hall areas. Any hotel meeting those criteria would be absolutlely fine.

Don't be afraid to try Priceliene's "Name your own price" feature. Maybe start with a bid of $125. I and many others have had excellent success with this approach.

Alternatively, the Midtown Hotel has a published rate of $149 for those dates. I have no first-hand experience there, but the reviews are positive. It's basic, but apparently clean and well maintained. The location is fine, but not as attractive, in my opinion, as the neighborhoods I identified above.

If I were you, I would try the Priceline/Hotwore approach first, and if you don't find nirvana, then try the Midtown.

Boston...
Level Contributor
35 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boston hotels

Make sure you check out vacation rentals section. They're way better than hotels!

San Diego
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Boston hotels

Thanks everyone for your great ideas! I just now started looking at condos downtown, they seen to be a really good deal. I am very apprehensive about the Priceline thing, I just like to know what I'm getting.

5. Re: Boston hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2010, 07:18