We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lobster?

Lititz, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
21 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Lobster?

Will be in Boston for the weekend after a few years away. I remember some great lobster lunches (pubs mostly) for not a lot of money. Any suggestions? We'll be walking...

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,206 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lobster?

Hi,

Lobster and "not a lot of money" don't usually go together. There were a couple of pubs which were running lobster specials, but I don't think they are still on. You can get a surf and turf special at Whiskey's on Boylston St., for $23.95.

Another lobster option downtown is Barking Crab. http://www.barkingcrab.com

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Lobster?

Take the orange line to Sullivan and walk a couple of blocks up Braodway to the Mt. Vernon for their inexpensive twin lobster special.

Boston...
Level Contributor
452 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lobster?

you can always try Chinatown - two lobsters usually for under $20. But it's not your standard steam with butter & lemon. It's cooked in a wok with ginger & green scallion. Yum. Something to consider.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,153 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Lobster?

The pubs along Union Street, near Faneuil Hall, are still running lobster specials.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,223 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lobster?

Walk into a grocery store and get a lobster steamed there, buy some nut crackers and have a picnic!!

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Lobster?

If you're interested in really good lobster rolls on the cheap, head down to the Seaport area. Right near the Federal Courthouse, you'll see James Hook & Co. Lobster selling their wares out of a trailer due to a fire burning down their original building. Lobster rolls are $12. Grab some lobster rolls, maybe some clam chowder or lobster bisque and sit there on the park benches overlooking the water. A nice, and less messy way, to experience lobster in Boston.

Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lobster?

The Mt. Vernon Restaurants are down to $11.99 for their twin lobster special on M-T-W. That's lobsters only. Whiskey's on Boylston had a sign last night advertising them for $10.99 single, $18.99 twin. They serve with fries and cole slaw. This is the first time I've seen them at Whiskey's in months, and it was just a small blackboard sign, not their usual banner. So I'd call ahead.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Lobster?

I'll second the James Hook Lobster roll down by Seaport:)

seaportconcierge

www.seaportboston.com

On twitter @seaportboston

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lobster?

This year lobster has been fairly inexpensive (as low as $3.99 per pound at local supermarkets).

Many restaurants are offering them on their special menus especially local pubs.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Lobster?

I was at Hook over the weekend. It was so good I went back on Monday and had the Lobster Roll.

It was very good.