We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report, Sept 18-21, 2009

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Billings, Montana
Level Contributor
37 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report, Sept 18-21, 2009

Hello to all my Boston trip advisors,

I never write trip reports as english and writing were never my favorite subject in school :) but thought I would write because my trip was so enjoyable.

We arrived Boston Logan at approx 10am on Friday, grabbed a Charlie ticket prior to leaving baggage claim and off we went to ride the T. I have to say that the T is the easiest subway I have ever ridden, everything is laid out so well, no problem finding the correct trains. Made our way to the Prudential station and walked the block or two to our hotel, Hilton Back Bay.

Check in went smoothly, room on 20th floor with a corner view, large windows that bent around the corner offered a view of the water and the Prudential Center. Room was plenty big for the H and I.

After checking in we headed over to Fenway to take in their tour, what a fun and informative tour, definately reccommend. Then walked over to Harvard Square and to lunch at Bartley Burger Cottage for some yummy burgers. Did some more walking around Harvard, then took the T so we could catch the Sam Adams brewery tour before they closed for the day. Had a cute tour and delicious beer. Back to hotel to change for the evening.

Took T to North End, wanted to go to Giacomo's but line was so long and it was already close to 9pm so we settled on Bricco's instead. This was just ok for me, should have held out for Giacomo's, maybe next time.

Saturday arrived and we decided to do the Freedom Trail, started of course at the Boston Common and just meandered from there, what a great way to see the city. Stopped at Quincy Market to sample the food, but actually had lunch at Neptune Oyster (hot lobster roll, my first ever lobster roll and not disappointed, it was delicious). Continued our walk, and headed back via Beacon Hill neighborhood (beautiful). Had dinner that night at Tapeo on Newbury, excellent tapas.

Sunday was spent walking down to the South End and visiting Mike's City Diner for breakfast, this was a fun and great place for breakfast. More walking (we walked for miles and miles during our 3 days there), ended up at Barking Crab for some chowder, was ok.

Made our way back to Quincy Market to sit at Ned Divine's Irish Pub to sit and watch football for a few hours. Made our way back to hotel to change and head out for H's birthday dinner. Chose Atlantic Fish Co, we had the lump crab cake, tuna, and filet mignon and lobster tail, along with triple chocolate cake for dessert (our best meal while in Boston).

Had to make our way back to hotel fairly early as we had an early departure from Logan the next morning.

I have to say, this was one of my favorite trips ever. The city itself is amazing with all the different neighborhoods and sights. And the food, oh my, can you tell I like to eat? Anyways, even though this was my first trip to Bean Town, it definately won't be my last. Thanks again to all the Boston trip experts and their guidance on here.

If you made it thru my lengthy trip report then congrats, I never was good at summarizing.

V

Boston
Level Contributor
6,425 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report, Sept 18-21, 2009

Thanks for the report. Especially liked the eating. I'm impressed that you walked from Fenway to Harvard Square. That's a hike. Hearing good things about the T always puts things in perspective. There is a lot of complaining about it by natives.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,082 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report, Sept 18-21, 2009

And did you dress appropriately? :)

Glad you had a great time.

Billings, Montana
Level Contributor
37 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report, Sept 18-21, 2009

lol, good one Neslaw...I brought as many clothes as I could fit in my roller board, light sweater was as cold as it got (Sat), and yes, I got to wear my shorts during the day so I was comfy :D

And Cabinet, I was convinced prior to leaving for Boston I would take a cab back to the airport on Monday morning, but after my trip on the T from airport to the hotel I knew it would be easy and cheap to take it back also.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,339 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report, Sept 18-21, 2009

So glad to hear things went well for you! You sure did walk a lot.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip report, Sept 18-21, 2009

Nice trip report! I like the small details you put in it. Definitely we take the T for granted here sometimes. Using the T and walking are the way to see Boston and you did just that.

N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,811 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip report, Sept 18-21, 2009

Thanks for sharing. :)

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip report, Sept 18-21, 2009

Great Trip Report! Really helpful for those planning their trips and fun for locals to see what visitors love about Boston:)

Glad you were able to make it to Tapeo - that is one of my favorite spots on Newbury Street!

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Beantown sometime soon.

Best,

SeaportConcierge

www.seaportboston.com

Follow us on twitter at @seaportboston

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,909 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip report, Sept 18-21, 2009

Enjoyed your TR glad you had a good time in Boston.

Berea, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip report, Sept 18-21, 2009

Glad to read that you found your way to Neptune Oyster for your first-ever lobster roll. We made our second trip to Boston Sept. 21-24...second stop at Neptune Oyster for lobster -- hot with drawn butter -- on brioche (Bibb lettuce on the side instead of fries for me).

10. Re: Trip report, Sept 18-21, 2009

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2010, 04:17