We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kennedy Presidential Museum--restaurants nearby--high end

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
st louis mo
Level Contributor
8 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Kennedy Presidential Museum--restaurants nearby--high end

I am taking my 85 yr old mom to the Kennedy museum. any thoughts on a (very) nice restaurant, nearby??

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,506 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Kennedy Presidential Museum--restaurants nearby--high end

There are no restaurants in the immediate area (like anywhere near walking distance). So if you're staying in Boston, plan on returning Downtown and then you'll have your unlimited choice.

st louis mo
Level Contributor
8 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kennedy Presidential Museum--restaurants nearby--high end

Alan, we are not staying in Boston. We will be driving up from RI for the day, and returning to RI., after lunch.

But we may take your advice. I haven't been to the No Name on the pier since we moved away from Boston 23 years ago!! Is it still there??

Thanks,

Christine

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,975 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kennedy Presidential Museum--restaurants nearby--high end

The No Name is still there. Far from high end. I haven't been there in years. I suggest you check recent reviews.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,506 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Kennedy Presidential Museum--restaurants nearby--high end

You can also drive right in to Anthony's Pier 4, which has free parking.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,335 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kennedy Presidential Museum--restaurants nearby--high end

Went to the No Name last summer. A good plate of fried clams but not sure my mom who is the same age as yours would enjoy it. May I ask what routes you are driving to get to JFK Library? Just thinking if you are heading back to RI after museum via Route 1 South you could stop at Davios at Patriot Place, Foxboro.

PlanetX
Level Contributor
1,457 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kennedy Presidential Museum--restaurants nearby--high end

There really are a few restaurants close by, if you're driving.

If you're headed for the Library and then to Rhode Island and you want to eat after the Library, you might consider this place...the food is good and it's right on the water, with a gorgeous view of the city skyline:

http://www.venezia-onthewater.com/

It's five minutes from the JFK Library. Even closer to the Library is Phillips. I wouldn't call them high-end, but they serve a lovely meal in a nice dining area.

http://www.phillipsboston.com/lunch.html

Also there's a lovely part of Quincy, maybe 10 minutes from the JFK Library that has a number of good restaurants. It's called Marina Bay. There are a number of nice places to eat there--again, water view. Siros is one of a handful of restaurants in the Marina Bay area.

http://www.sirosrestaurants.com/

There are others. If you visit, you'll see a number of choices.

Continuing down the Expressway south, at the South Shore Plaza, there's a Legal's Seafood in the mall.

Of all of these, I think Venezia is closest to the Library, has a great view and is close to the expressway. All of them have ample, free parking and offer the advantage of being en route to RI.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kennedy Presidential Museum--restaurants nearby--high end

I agree with the previous poster, absolutely head to Venezia if you get the chance. Your mother will LOVE it there for a fact, NO doubt about it, she's the same age as my mother too so I hear ya! Make reservations, it's well worth it. You will both enjoy this place for their cuisine AND their amazing view, you won't want to leave when it's time it's that good! It's like this hidden gem you discovered, wait till you see this place you'll enjoy it!

PlanetX
Level Contributor
1,457 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kennedy Presidential Museum--restaurants nearby--high end

I'm glad there's another Venezia fan out there. We often go to Venezia for special lunches. The food is fantastic. The view is great. It's tucked away, but not that hard to find. Follow their directions. On the way out, ask them for the directions back to the southbound x-way. It's literally five minutes from the Library.

st louis mo
Level Contributor
8 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kennedy Presidential Museum--restaurants nearby--high end

Right. I realize the No Name isn't high end. But truly a Boston Institution. HAve you any reason to think the food has gone down hill?

Thanks,

Christine

st louis mo
Level Contributor
8 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kennedy Presidential Museum--restaurants nearby--high end

Nice idea, Alan. Thanks.