We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 nights with hubby

East Islip, New York
Level Contributor
439 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
2 nights with hubby

We haven't been to Boston since our children were young. We are coming in for a quick birthday celebration in early November without the kids (who are now 17 & 18). My daughter will be visiting my son at college in CT.

We will be arriving later in the evening Friday night, staying at The Custom House. We are leaving after an early brunch on Sunday.

Any suggestions for a great w/e for 2 soon to be empty nesters....we love a great nighlife, trendy dining and of course shopping (me)

rachelle steinberg
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 nights with hubby

depending on the weather, walk around Fenuil Hall, Harvard Square, Charles street, back bay and along the charles. You are staying in a great location and are tons of things to do and see near by.

East Islip, New York
Level Contributor
439 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 nights with hubby

Thank you for the suggestions!

Any ideas for nightlife after dinner?

And speaking of dinner any suggestions there? I love seafood but my husband is more of a landlubber where food is concerned...so something with variety would be great.

Thanks again

East Islip, New York
Level Contributor
439 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 nights with hubby

Just a few weeks away and no restaurant in mind....any suggestions? I love seafood, my husband steak...something a little romantic and or trendy.

Also has anyone been to the Veueve Cliquot bar in the Liberty hotel- I'm very intrigued by this....

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,605 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 nights with hubby

One of my favorite restaurants is the Chart House, which has both seafood and non-seafood items.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
1,798 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 nights with hubby

Can't beat a booth at Capital Grille for great steaks and seafood with amazing service and a wonderful atmosphere.

East Islip, New York
Level Contributor
439 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 nights with hubby

Thanks for the suggestions-

I have eaten at the Capital Grill in NYC and loved it- I'm going to check out the Chart House too....There is the Palm restaurant in my hotel I think!..probably need to venture out a bit though!

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Killington
Level Contributor
2,067 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 nights with hubby

If you really want to keep your options open, you can get great seafood at most good restaurants in Boston. It does not have to be a "seafood" place. You almost always have a steak entree available at those same places, so there is no need to go to a "steak" place. (Although, it is true, you won't have a selection of 10 different steaks.)

I've had more memorable steaks and fish items at non-steakhouses and non-seafood places. If you're OK with Capital Grille prices, I would suggest Prezza or Mamma Maria in the North End, Sorrelina in Back Bay, Hammersley's, Union, or Petit Robert Bistrot in the South End. In Kenmore Square, Eastern Standard has some great seafood, but is not a seafood place. Over in Cambridge, Salts or Rendezvous in Central Square (although that may be a bit out of the way for such a short trip). Some of these places are not quite as expensive as Capital Grille, but better anyway. All of these, with the exception of maybe Mamma Maria and Hammersley's, will certainly be a heck of a lot more "trendy" than a steak house.

If you really want a steakhouse, I would recommend Grill 23 over the Palm in a second. Also, I think Grill 23's seafood is better than Capital Grille's. Also, look at Davio's, which is an Italian/Steakhouse hybrid.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 nights with hubby

I agree about Mamma Maria, and this would be a fairly short walk from where you are staying. It's in a beautiful, romantic spot. As for nightlife, I'm no expert, but would suggest you look at the arts listings for the next month -- a website like boston.com would have them. This is the website associated with the Boston Globe. There is also a lot of performing arts info at www.artsboston.org I imagine they list all of it, except maybe for the smaller pubs and bars. They will have concerts, dance, comedy, theater. There are at least two well known jazz clubs in the Boston area: One is Scullers, the other is the Regatta Bar at the Charles Hotel. Boston has a theater district but some of the theater is scattered in other locations. There is just a ton to do at night here.

East Islip, New York
Level Contributor
439 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 nights with hubby

You are all the greatest!

I'm so excited to go and check out the new recommendations!

I promise to report back after my trip!

Keep it coming!

Teresa :)

10. Re: 2 nights with hubby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2010, 07:28