We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rookie in Boston

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, GA
2 posts
Save Topic
Rookie in Boston

My husband and I plan on staying in Boston overnight in a couple of weeks and will be staying at the Boston Yacht Haven. (I wish we were staying longer, but maybe next time.)I've seen good reviews for BYH, and I hope I made a good choice. My husband loves to be on the water. Does the T go straight from Logan International to the aquarium stop or do we have to take a shuttle? Also, he is planning on eating lobster the whole trip so can you give me some good choices within walking or T ride from the Boston Yacht Haven? Thanks so much.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,981 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rookie in Boston

I've never heard of the Boston Yacht Haven. Based on the website it looks spectacular! You'll have to be sure to update us after your stay.

From any of the terminals at Logan, take the free airport bus to the subway station at the airport. Take the blue line (the only subway line at that station) inbound to Aquarium.

If you arrive on a weekend, there has been construction on the blue line and you might take a bus instead of a train ... but it will leave from teh airport subway station and stop at Aquarium ... no worries ....

Atlanta, GA
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rookie in Boston

Thank you so much for the information on the subway. I could get lost in a paper sack. I'll let you know how our stay at the Boston Yacht Haven turns out. Thanks again.

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rookie in Boston

As for lobster, it will be all over the place. James Hook Co. (www.jameshooklobster.com) at 15 Northern Avenue is a pretty easy walk from where you will be. It's had a couple of favorable mentions on this forum in the past week. But you will find lobster on lots of menus in restaurants closer than that--Legal Seafoods next to Long Wharf, to name just one example.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rookie in Boston

I never heard of this place either. Is it a hotel??? But you mention the aquarium area. There is a Legal Seafoods restaurant facing the New England Aquarium, it will have lobster for sure. That area would not be far from many, many restaurant choices. Some of the Chinatown restaurants have lobster dishes. There is a kind of large seafood shack called the Barking Crab near the waterfront (near the Channel and near the federal courthouse), they always have lobster. In fact, there is a lobster store right near that same spot called "James Hook" Lobster. Just a little boring looking building, but go inside and they have live lobsters, but also lobster salad, lobster bisque, etc., so that might be fun. Someone recently mentioned that the lobster bisque there was very good, but I haven't tried it. Also, there are quite a few branches of Legal Seafoods all over Boston and suburbs, so if you like their menu but want to vary the scene, try another Legal's (they don't all look alike, although they are mostly somewhat similar).

Boston
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Rookie in Boston

That place looks great, enjoy.

Some of my favorite lobster dishes include the lobster with ginger and scallion at Peach Farm in Chinatown, and both the hot and cold lobster rolls as well as the Monday night special of lobster spaghettini at Neptune Oyster in the Noth End. While I usually don't recommend Summer Shack (I think it's overpriced for what it is), the wok-seared lobster is a really good dish.

6. Re: Rookie in Boston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2010, 05:18