We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seating at Fenway

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Topic
Seating at Fenway

Hi all,

I posted a thread a few months ago about getting tickets to the winter classic hockey game on New Years Day (Bruins vs Flyers). As luck would have it I am able to purchase tickets but the actual seats are TBD.

I was told I could choose from the following categories:

Field 82 Row M or better

Grandstand 19 Row 19 or better

Bleachers 43 row 50 or better

Based on what I know of this event I wouldn't expect these seats to be great; however, can anyone tell me just how crappy they might be? :)

Special Offer
Day Trip to Martha's Vineyard
588 Reviews
from US$94.50*
Boston in One Day Sightseeing Tour...
697 Reviews
from US$79.00*
Boston Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour
1,048 Reviews
from US$41.95*
Tour of Historic Fenway Park...
41 Reviews
from US$25.00*
Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,673 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seating at Fenway

This article in the Herald shows the situation of the rink: bostonherald.com/business/…also

In terms of proximity to the ice, it appears that section 82 is the clear winner. It also appears that section 19 is the only option that has a roof overhead, which potentially would keep you significantly more comfortable.

Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,436 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seating at Fenway

Interesting question which is hard to answer having never seen a hockey game at Fenway. Agree with what wp.. has said. Based on Herald article Field Box 82 looks close, with Grandstand, you will be undercover but need to watch out for poles (and I wonder if the net stays up during the winter or that comes down). Bleachers - row 50 is the last row I believe. May be cold and windy up there.

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,673 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seating at Fenway

At the risk of sounding like a negative sort, I suspect that when this game is over, the consensus view is going to be that Fenway Park is no place to watch a hockey game.

Boston, Mass.
Level Contributor
913 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seating at Fenway

You have to consider that with the benches, penalty boxes, scorers box and boards to contend with, the seats lower in the seating bowl will actually offer the worse view. The poles in the grandstand also have to be considered, but I would opt for the grandstand view over the field box view.

Level Contributor
6,214 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seating at Fenway

My initial thought was that Grandstand 19 would be best but Field 82 appears to be right behind one of the goalies - that would be my choice if I had the opportunity.

I bought a couple of $26 tickets on a lark to the BC/BU game a few days later (I think) but they are somewhere in the bleachers. How did you manage to get tickets, with a choice of seats, to the Bruins game?

N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,823 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seating at Fenway

I'd like to know that myself.

7. Re: Seating at Fenway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2010, 06:18
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor