We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

W Hotel

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Halifax
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
W Hotel

We're coming to Boston early December and have booked in to the new W Hotel.

Does anyone know if it's near completion yet???

Boston
Level Contributor
6,307 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: W Hotel

It's supposed to open tomorrow.

Halifax
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: W Hotel

Thanks.

Fingers crossed.

Lincoln, NH
Level Contributor
2,377 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: W Hotel

I work down the street from the hotel. I'll see if I can stick my nose in tomorrow and report.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,305 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: W Hotel

Daughter stayed at the one in NYC and said it was lovely. Looks like the Boston one is good to go. Here's an article from this week: boston.com/business/…

Boston...
Level Contributor
188 posts
410 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: W Hotel

I have heard good things so far. Let us know how it goes!

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: W Hotel

I hope you're looking for something 'different" in a hotel, because the W as a chain is either fabulous or awful in its concept, depending on your point of view.

The staff has a post-Gen X very casual attitude, which I find off-putting. The lobby and hallways pulsate with techno music and exceptionally subdued lighting, and everything is polished chrome and minimalist architecture.

I hated my stay at the Montreal W, and flatly, at age 55, I just didn't fit in, I was an old guy "fish out of water" in that atmosphere. OTOH, you might love it. Consider yourself forewarned.

Boston...
Level Contributor
414 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: W Hotel

The W is open. We went there to have lunch at Market today & they told us they'd opened last Thursday so this is their first weekend. Market is a Jean George Vongerichten restaurant & having eaten at his restaurant in New York we were excited that he was opening a place in Boston. We had the 3 course prix fixe lunch which was a bargain at $24. They also do a prix fixe at dinner but that's $58.

Don't know any details about the hotel but it's definitely open (when we pulled up to valet parking they asked if we were checking in).

Halifax
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: W Hotel

Thanks all.

HollyHop - was your lunch any good?

Boston...
Level Contributor
414 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: W Hotel

Hi Dipster,

Lunch was very good. I had a delicious butternut squash soup, then parmesan crusted chicken with artichokes and finished with chocolate pudding. There were 3 choices of starter and main course and 2 dessert choices. For the quality of food we thought it was great value

Have a great time in Boston

10. Re: W Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2010, 05:17