We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report l0/23-25/09

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
19,002 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report l0/23-25/09

First thank you to all for information, tips, etc. Stayed at the Radisson, loved it. Took the breakfast, parking package. We weren't thrilled with the breakfast, so next time would just try to get the cheapest rate and just pay for parking and either bring something from home for breakfast (nice size fridge in room) or go to Dunkin Donuts or something nearby. We got there about 9:30 a.m. and our room was ready and we checked in. We had breakfast. We then went on the Old Towne Trolley. We spent the whole getting on and off the trolley at different stops. Took the tour at Fenway Park, really enjoyed it. Friday was quite cold. By dinner time we were exhausted (had woke up at 5:00 a.m.) so went right to dinner at Legal Seafood across from Radisson, very good. (If you're tired and don't feel like traveling around to look for a restaurant, there are plenty within a couple of blocks of hotel.) The next day it was raining a bit in morning, but off we went on the T to the Sam Adams brewery (love the T, very easy to use). Brewery was fun. Rain stopped and it got quite warm and humid. Stopped back to hotel to drop off the glasses the brewery gave us and take off a couple of layers. We then walked all around, Boston Common, Boston Gardens, Cheers, Faneuil Hall, Quincy Maket (went to an ice cream shop downstairs there, very expensive and not too good, went upstairs to look around, didn't realize all those food places were up there - so make sure and look there - don't miss it). Again exhausted by the time we got ourselves back to hotel. Rested, showered, went to go to Maggiano's (hour and 1/2 wait - yikes). Ended up eating at the Rustic Kitchen in the hotel, very good, husband loved the flat iron steak. Got a desert from Le Finale and ate it in our room. Left Boston 9:30 a.m. Got home about 12:45. No traffic either way (thank goodness) - only took a little over 3 hours each way - no one believes us. We loved Boston, there is so much to see, a weekend is certainly not enough. But it gives you a reason to go back which I look forward to. Also if there is a restaurant you definitely want to go to I guess you do need reservations to be safe.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,426 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report l0/23-25/09

Thanks for giving us the update. Hope you come back to explore more of Boston. Just curious - did you notice if Sam Adams sells growlers?

Boston
Level Contributor
6,823 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report l0/23-25/09

Thanks very much for getting back to us.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report l0/23-25/09

Thanks.

I have had breakfast there and wasn't impressed.

nice tr

Boston
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report l0/23-25/09

Thanks for the trip report - we love them! Saturday nights can be crazy busy at restaurants, especially around parts of town where tourists go -- for anyone planning a trip to Boston that includes being downtown on a Saturday, keep Chinatown in mind -- many, many restaurants and I think there would be a much shorter wait than 1.5 hours! There are also good restaurants scattered around downtown, for example, near South Station. That area around the Radisson tends to be very busy because of the hotels and because it's in the theater district.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report l0/23-25/09

Thanks for the trip report. It is nice know that you enjoyed the Radisson and that is fantastic that your room was available at 9:30 AM!

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
28,827 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report l0/23-25/09

I enjoyed your TR glad you enjoyed Boston,i am not a big fan of hotel breakfast rather venture out or even Dunkin Donuts would have been better.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
19,002 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report l0/23-25/09

Mahj - what is a growler?

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,426 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report l0/23-25/09

A jug of beer freshly poured that you can take home and delight in!

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,214 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report l0/23-25/09

According to the Globe, Sam Adams is only starting to sell beer at the gift shop this week (or next?):

boston.com/business/…

Doesn't sound like they are selling growlers, quite, however.

Does sound like something I should check out. I haven't been to a brewery (even when I was a student in Munich) since I toured the Carling's Black Label brewery on the shores of Lake Cochituate as a child probably around 1960.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Report l0/23-25/09

A Growler is 64oz or a half gallons worth of beer. They sell them at Harpoon Brewery. :-)