We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Suggestions

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
18 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Suggestions

I am looking for a hotel in Boston from July 2nd to July 5th. The hotel should be near the center/downtown and has to be anywhere from $100-$175. It should be decent, but not luxury. I am not coming for a business trip, but I do not mind if the hotel is "designed" for business travelers.

P.S. Another possibility is on the harbor. I would not mind that, as long as it isn't SUPER far from anywhere (because I can take the subway). Thank you.

Special Offer
Day Trip to Martha's Vineyard
590 Reviews
from US$94.50*
US$105.00
Boston Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour
1,054 Reviews
from US$41.95*
Boston in One Day Sightseeing Tour...
703 Reviews
from US$79.00*
Boston Whale Watching Cruise on a...
462 Reviews
from US$55.65*
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
25,099 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Suggestions

You do know that this is one of the busiest weeks of the year, don't you?

That said, hotels.com has a few well-located choices for between $149 and $175 including the 4.5 star Seaport Hotel on the waterfront and near the silver line, Club Quarters in the financial district, and the Hilton Financial district.

Check it out, read the 'fine print' (some are cancellable) and book now. If you wait, you'll see the prices go up starting in the spring and you'll either pay a premium or hope for a last minute deal.

edited to add: check back with us before committing. Some low-cost options that show up as "boston" hotels, aren't very close to anything! Some aren't even in Boston. And others may be outside of Boston, but still a good choice ... like those near the T in Cambridge.

Edited: 29 November 2009, 05:04
Mentioned in this post
Cambridge
Cambridge
Massachusetts
Boston
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Suggestions

Sorry to say, but there is only a minuscule chance of you getting a room overlooking the harbor with that price range on July 4th. I don't know if many hotels will have rooms in that price range, but my two suggestions would be the Holiday Inn in Brookline and the Midtown Motel, which is not the best but has a superb location. Good luck

Mentioned in this post
Brookline
Brookline
Massachusetts
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
703 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Suggestions

I did a quick search -- for $179 you can get a fully flexible reservation at the Marriott in Kendall Square, Cambridge. It's not the most exciting neighborhood (mostly biotech offices) but it's literally on top of the subway station, and a 2-stop ride to either downtown Boston or Harvard Square. It's a high-rise hotel near the Longfellow Bridge, so it's at least possible that you could even end up with a view of the river and the holiday fireworks.

One block away there is a Residence Inn at the same rate (or a bit cheaper with AAA, if you're a member). Relatives of mine have stayed at both hotels numerous times and have had generally very good experiences.

Mentioned in this post
Cambridge
Cambridge
Massachusetts
Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Suggestions

I think you should thank the psoter who found the Mariott and book it now.

If lucky you will have a view of the river and Boston skyline.

Chicago
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Suggestions

Club Quarters is downtown, really close to Faniuel Hall and Boston Common and rooms are about 120/night. Also try NineZero. Rooms are 151.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Suggestions

That Marriott hotel in Kendall Square, Cambridge, is also about a two- block walk to the Charles River. The famous July 4th fireworks here are over the river, and it would be very nice to see them from the Cambridge side (on the other side is Boston including the "Esplanade" and the Hatch shell, which is Ground Zero for our big Fourth of July. But it's a mob scene. The Cambridge side will also be crowded, but not to the same degree as the Esplanade side. That hotel sounds just right and you should probably grab it. Also there are some restaurants in the immediate area, and it's really very close to Boston.

Mentioned in this post
Cambridge
Cambridge
Massachusetts
7. Re: Hotel Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2010, 03:16