We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Night Boston

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Haverhill...
Level Contributor
1,109 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
First Night Boston

There are some good musical acts this year...I'm planning on going in this year. It will be the first time in a while doing 1st Night...it should be fun!

Here is the 1st night web site firstnight.org/FirstNight2010/Default.aspx

Boston
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Night Boston

Thanks for posting this. Hope it's a mild night weather-wise.

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
1,109 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Night Boston

I hope so too....I'm actually going to be spending a rare night in a Boston area hotel with my family.

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
1,109 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Night Boston

Bump

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Night Boston

Thanks for posting, mcamp. Have a Happy New Year!

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
1,109 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Night Boston

Bump...weather looking iffy.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,287 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First Night Boston

We're going in rain or shine. Would be nice if weather holds out to see ice sculptures and fireworks and blue moon!

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
1,109 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First Night Boston

We had a fantastic time last night.

We caught some stuff at the Hynes, went to the Maparioum, MFA, the Orpheum, Park St. Church, and made it to the midnight fireworks at the harbor.

I thought in general, everything ran pretty smoothly....my only beef, the pathways in the Common were treacherous walking; I saw a number of people dump it.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,287 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First Night Boston

We ended up only doing the outside stuff -- end of the procession, ice sculptures and fireworks on Boston Common and fireworks on Boston Harbor. Althought the crowd estimates were high, I didn't feel overwhelmed at all. Went to La Summa for dinner. Delicious as always. Stayed at the Fairmont Battery Wharf - very attentive staff, lovely room with water view.

Mcamp- was there any hassle getting in to the events?

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
1,109 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First Night Boston

We didn't have any problem getting into any of the events.....the only bummer....we were going to go to the Isabella Gardener Museum of NYD, but there was a massive line waiting to get in, so we passed.

We stayed at the Courtyard Marriott in Brookline, free with Marriott points....getting in and out was a breeze; the T stop was right across the street (Coolege Corner), and ate at Zaftigs Deli the following day for brunch.

10. Re: First Night Boston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2010, 05:15