We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Copley Square Hotel

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Swansea S.Wales
Level Contributor
200 posts
143 reviews
Save Topic
Copley Square Hotel

Can anybody advise me please? we're hoping to visit Boston for about a week this summer to include Independence Day, so are looking around for hotels which because of the time of year seem quite expensive. I've done a search on Hotwire and its showing Copley Square Hotel with 3 different prices $89, $135 and $239 per night for the same dates? Is there more than one hotel of this name? Reading the TA reviews for the hotel it sounds amazing, but I can't work out why the difference for the same dates plus the star rating also varies from 3.5* to 5*?

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,507 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Copley Square Hotel

There's the Copley Square Hotel, The Marriott Copley Place, The Westin Copley Place, The Copley Plaza Hotel and Marriott Courtyard at Copley Square.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Copley Square Hotel

I have stayed at the Copley Square Hotel before their renovations, the hotel is in a great location. We had a Hotwire room on New Year's Eve, 2 years ago, for $100 which was a great price. The room was small and and a bit dated but it was fine for us, I'm sure it's even nicer now that they renovated. There are many hotels with the Copley name such as the Copley Plaza, Copley Marriott, Copley Place etc. They are all located around Copley Square in the Back Bay.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Copley Square Hotel

Oops, I didn't see Alanm's response when I posted.

Swansea S.Wales
Level Contributor
200 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Copley Square Hotel

Thanks both for your replies, i've had a quick look at the reviews for all the hotels you mentioned and they all look good to me, does anyone want to hazard a guess as to which is which given the prices of $86,$135 and $239? I feel we need to act quickly but am worried about coming unstuck since there isn't a cancellation policy with Hotwire?

As we live in the UK Hotwire is a new thing for us!

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,507 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Copley Square Hotel

Based on the hotels, my guess is that the Copley Plaza is $239, one of the Copley Place hotels (Westion or Marriott) are $135 and the Copley Square is $86. Does that match up with what they're actually called??

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Copley Square Hotel

You might want to try betterbidding.com. They will try to help you pinpoint the hotel. Hotwire is great. But you cannot cancel your reservation once it's booked and although it includes all the taxes it does not included any additional fees that the individual hotel may charge to their guests like internet, parking etc.

Edited: 06 January 2010, 18:44
Swansea S.Wales
Level Contributor
200 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Copley Square Hotel

Thanks for clarifying things for us, we're almost ready to book now. Can i ask another question please to help us decide our return flight day please? We've just noticed that July 4 falls on a Sunday this year, will the celebrations, fireworks etc still happen on that day or might it take place on the Monday instead? We don't want to come all that way and miss them by a few hours!

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,507 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Copley Square Hotel

The fireworks are always on July 4th.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,147 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Copley Square Hotel

It's really a good idea to take a look at the Boston hotel list on www.betterbidding.com

Often you can identify the hotel.

There are many Hotwire hotels in the Back Bay/Copley Square area - and some do not have "Copley" in their name...

I don't think the Copley Square Hotel is the $86 offering which is a 3-1/2* and the Copley Square hotel is a 4*.

Keep in mind, when booking with Hotwire, you could get a hotel that no one has reported yet. You might want to register and request assistance, as you seem a bit confused.

Note that there are week long Harborfest activities in Boston the week ahead of July 4th. Note also that the fireworks start just after dark.

For Harborfest events

www.bostonharborfest.com/dailyevents.html

Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Copley Square Hotel

Where do the nearby B&Bs fall on the price scale? And are the Midtown and Colonnade considered close enough? They could be at the low end, if so.