We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to eat, have a drink and entertainment?

Vermont
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Place to eat, have a drink and entertainment?

We are heading to Boston tomorrow for the evening and I was wondering if anyone had any good places they recommend to eat, have some drinks and see some entertainment. We will be going to the RV & Outdoor show in the morning and early afternoon and then we have the evening free. When we are in Boston we usually go to the Fanuel Hall area so I would like to go some where different. Any suggestions? Some where that is easily accessible by T and so forth.

Thank you in Advance!

Boston
Level Contributor
6,732 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to eat, have a drink and entertainment?

I have not been, but the Beehive in the S. End has food and entertainment.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to eat, have a drink and entertainment?

Without knowing any parameters like food, budget or kind of entertainment you want, here are some suggestions

The Stork Club for jazz

www.storkclubboston.com

The Corner (which is part of the Middle East music club) for belly dancing

http://www.mideastclub.com/

Mr Dooleys for Irish singing (though honestly, i'd eat elsewhere beforehand)

http://www.somerspubs.com/dooleys_history/

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place to eat, have a drink and entertainment?

Since the RV show is at the "Expo Center By The Bay" formerly the Bayside Expo to the rest of us, you have several options for that night's entertainment/dinner. Since the show is in the afternoon, you could go to Amrhein's Restaurant for a late lunch after the show, it's located on West Broadway in South Boston. Starting at 5PM I believe it is, they will pick you up and drop you off wherever you want to go according to their site, so you could get in touch with them to see what you can arrange. The cuisine is great here, in fact, it's better than it ever was since these new owners took it over and the atmosphere is better than ever here:

www.amrheinsboston.com

You could also try to go to Lucky's Lounge located at 355 Congress Street as there's a show from 7 to 10 on Saturday nights, it's their "Tribute to Ol Blue Eyes hosted by the Alvega Trio & Adam Herbert. If it's too crowded here, you could see if you can get in to Barbara Lynch's place at 348 Congress Street called "Drink", it's open from 4 PM to 1 AM, so you could try these two places and then hop in a taxi to the Beehive in the South End for more entertainment, it's up to you.

The Stork Club looks really interesting, do you like jazz, I know I do when I go out around town. Another thought for you right from the Congress Street area is you could get to the South Station area as there's another neat french bistro & wine bar near here called "Les Zygomates" located at 129 South Street. They have live jazz music/bands around 8 PM on weekend nights especially:

www.winebar.com

A comedy show that you guys might like instead is Richard Lewis & JB Smoove who are at the Wilbur Theater if you wanted to go to a comedy show rather than hitting the bar/pub scene. It's up to you now with all these options you have!

Have a great time wherever you decide to go!

Edited: 16 January 2010, 02:48
Vermont
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Place to eat, have a drink and entertainment?

Thank you so much everyone for the great ideas! I am excited to try something new. Boston here I come :)

5. Re: Place to eat, have a drink and entertainment?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2010, 05:18