We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on Marriot Long Wharf!!!

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
92 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on Marriot Long Wharf!!!

Hello,

My friends and I are coming to Boston, and I wanted to find out what you guys think of the Marriot Long Wharf, as far as the rooms, the area, close to things to see, just basically any information that you wanna share about this hotel.

Thanks, Jen.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on Marriot Long Wharf!!!

It's definitely in a great location, you would be in the heatbeat of the City for the Quincy Market, the Aquarium, the North End's finest restaurants, even the MBTA subway is a short walk away from this hotel. This particular hotel was always nice along the waterfront BUT lately quite a few reviewers on TA are saying that the rooms and the hotel itself needs to be a little more updated for the money that they want you to pay for it a night. This part is up to you but knowing that I myself would then be checking out one of the newer hotels along the waterfront! Just for the heck of it, see if you can get a good rate at the Intercontinental Hotel. This time of year they have some good deals there, you'd like that one for the location too, especially where it's newer! Also don't forget priceline and hotwire is well worth checking out too!

Good luck and have a wonderful time wherever you decide to stay.

Edited: 21 January 2010, 11:52
Boston
Level Contributor
6,434 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on Marriot Long Wharf!!!

The location is good. It is convenient to a lot and the subway is right there. If you are coming in during the warm weather you will find it is very busy and active around the hotel. The hotel has been there for a long time. Have no idea the last time it was updated.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on Marriot Long Wharf!!!

it also has one of the better views of the harbor, once you get to the end of the walkway.

PlanetX
Level Contributor
1,457 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on Marriot Long Wharf!!!

One of my relatives prefers to stay here. The kids love the waterfront location, pool and proximity to Faneuil Hall.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,946 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on Marriot Long Wharf!!!

I book it great location near the water beautiful view you will enjoy.

6. Re: Advice on Marriot Long Wharf!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2010, 05:18