We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are Cambridge Hotels near Emerson College? Any suggestions

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
291 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Are Cambridge Hotels near Emerson College? Any suggestions

We'll be doing some college visits next week and need to stay overnight in Boston for morning visit to Emerson and afternoon visit to Harvard. I don't know the proximity of one college to the other. Can we stay in a Cambridge location and easily get to Emerson for the morning visit? It seems the hotels in the Theatre District are a little more pricey than ones in Cambridge. I'm basing this on 3.5* to 4* Hotwire rates.

Any recommendations are welcome. If everything is easily accessible by foot or a reasonable taxi rate then I won't feel locked in to locations near Emerson (since it's the first visit in morning). If Cambridge is a cheap taxi away than we'd rather stay in less expensive hotel.

Just don't know the lay of the Boston land.

Thanks!!!!

Special Offer
Day Trip to Martha's Vineyard
548 reviews
from US$89.10*
US$99.00
Boston Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour...
1,008 reviews
from US$41.95*
Boston Whale Watching Cruise
459 reviews
from US$55.65*
Boston in One Day Sightseeing Tour
636 reviews
from US$76.00*
Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,761 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Are Cambridge Hotels near Emerson College? Any suggestions

Thery are not walkable to each other, but you may be able to take the "T" subway. Be careful with Cambridge, because there are parts that are not easily walkable to the T. If you want a couple of hotels that are walkable to Emerson and a very easy walk to a Red Line Station, the Omni Parker House or the Hyatt Regency Downtown Crossing (not the one in Cambridge) would work quite well.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Are Cambridge Hotels near Emerson College? Any suggestions

cambridge cabs are a little less expensive than Boston. I think you are looking at around $20..00 to $25.00.

the red line is another option.

www.mbta.com

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are Cambridge Hotels near Emerson College? Any suggestions

You could easily take the Red Line subway from Harvard Square T Station to Park T Station and walk a few blocks up to Emerson. If you are getting better rates in Cambridge than I would stay with those hotels but there are a few Cambridge hotels that are off the T route and you will need to take taxi. (I would try to avoid the Hyatt Regency for an example).

Boston
Level Contributor
6,625 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are Cambridge Hotels near Emerson College? Any suggestions

If you stay in Cambridge near a Red Line subway stop it will be really simple to get to Emerson. Just take the train to Park St.. You could switch to the Green Line and then get off at Boylston which would put you a little closer, but I don't think it's worth the effort unless it's pouring out.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are Cambridge Hotels near Emerson College? Any suggestions

Check the MBTA web site (www.mbta.com). This will describe the subway lines in detail. You can enter the starting and ending addresses and it will tell you how to get there by taking subway, walking, etc. So before you commit to a hotel, see what it says are your options for taking public transportation to Emerson from where you'll be staying.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
291 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are Cambridge Hotels near Emerson College? Any suggestions

Thanks to all of you for all of the information--esp about the trains. I'm wondering now about the car issue and what arrangements the hotels have for parking. I know how to navigage NYC, but Boston is another matter. Thanks again!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,627 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Are Cambridge Hotels near Emerson College? Any suggestions

Which cambridge hotels are you considering? let us know and we can tell you how complicated it is to get to the T.

If it's near the T, you're golden, if not, it might be annoying.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,625 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Are Cambridge Hotels near Emerson College? Any suggestions

Boston hotels charge $30-$40 a day for parking and I don't think that typically includes in and out privileges. In many cases you can find a nearby garage that is somewhat cheaper especially on the weekends. I'm not sure if Cambridge hotels charge as much, I think not, but I don't think you will find any near a subway that have free parking either.

9. Re: Are Cambridge Hotels near Emerson College? Any suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2010, 05:18