We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 days in Boston in an apartment 17-25th August 2010

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bendigo, Australia
Level Contributor
256 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
7 days in Boston in an apartment 17-25th August 2010

We are just starting to plan a 6-7 day trip to Boston, travelling rfom NY by fast train. We thought an apartment may be the better option and have checked out only one so far in the North end of the city, no other info on that address jsut yet, but supposed to be close to pubs, freedom trail etc.

$200 per night. for a 2 Br/2 bath apartment.

Does anyone have any other recommendations on accommodation or sites?

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
324 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 days in Boston in an apartment 17-25th August 2010

I never used that site for Boston, but we rented all over New England through www.homeaway.com.

North End is a great location, very convenient access to all major sites and restaurants.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 days in Boston in an apartment 17-25th August 2010

You might also have a look at vrbo.com. But with any apartment or agency, do your homework thoroughly.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,391 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 7 days in Boston in an apartment 17-25th August 2010

Tanannda --- in your response you said

"I never used that site for Boston"

Which site are you talking about? The original post doesn't mention a site. I'm very confused. Did something get deleted>\?

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
324 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 7 days in Boston in an apartment 17-25th August 2010

Sorry for not expressing myself clearly, I tend to type too fast...

I meant the site in my post, www.homeaway.com. I never needed any short-term rentals in Boston, but we used homeaway.com a lot to find weekend vacation rentals in New Hampshire, Vermont and Upstate New York.

BTW, homeaway and VRBO are the same company now. They advertise same properties, just have different web interfaces.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,291 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 7 days in Boston in an apartment 17-25th August 2010

The North End is Boston's Italian neighborhood. It is generally safe and quite busy at night because of the many restaurants. It is well located. The only drawbacks would be that it could be noisy at night, especially on the weekends because of the crowds attracted by the restaurants, cafes, etc. and that you might not be super-close to a subway stop. But, these things will depend on exactly where you are in the neighborhood.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,391 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 7 days in Boston in an apartment 17-25th August 2010

OK ... I get it ... thank you so much for the clarification!

7. Re: 7 days in Boston in an apartment 17-25th August 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2010, 07:15